hf1

Help! I have a heavy night time wetter!

My avatar
mris
Clothie
Clothie

Help! I have a heavy night time wetter!

Postby mris » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Can anyone advise me on the best cloth nappies for night time use? I have an 8 month old daughter who sleeps on her side, but she is waking up wet 2-3 times a night as my eco-disposables are not working. I have heard that G-flappers from america are very good but would prefer to get something closer to home. I am desperate as she would be sleeping through the night if I could just get this right!
Many thanks

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Help! I have a heavy night time wetter!

Postby ems » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 pm

A lot of people have the very same problem so I'm pretty sure someone here will give you a good answer :) You can always search in the bar at the top right of the page, there are a lot of threads about nappies for heavy wetters :)

Welcome btw!! :cnthug:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Eco disposables don't last the night with my 2 either. You would be better off using a designated night nappy, preferably made from bamboo as it's super absorbant. You could try looking at wee niotions night notions, holdens landing bedbugs, lucious little somethings, all of which need a nappy cover such a wool, fleece or a wrap or you could opt for a pocket such as minki & use bamboo inserts.

There's lots of info in other sections here, hope that helps :D

My avatar
mris
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mris » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks for all the advise. I will follow up your suggestions. So great to know help is at hand!

My avatar
witch-evanna
Clothie
Clothie

Postby witch-evanna » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:17 pm

i am also having the same problem with my 11 month old boy whole sleeps mostly on his front and side we have tried a few nappies and still the same problem, he has a bottle at bed, a bottle in the night and sometimes a 3rd bottle before he gets up, i dont want to change him in the night as it wakes him too much.... weve tried diidy diapers, bamboozles (both with normal plastic wraps and extra terry liners) then we tried pocket nappies we got on ebay which are hitty missy at not leaking and a home made all in 1 with booster but it was no good either think ill keep an eye on this thread!!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:22 pm

puddlekins are our best night nappy, they are not cheap though (even though they are worth the money) I actually have 5 :oops: and its our preferred NN but a cheaper option is to buy a bigger than usual pocket nappy and then stuff it with TONS! that works well too. My combo is a large minki nappy with 4 different inserts :giggle: she waddles in to bed

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:09 pm

We have two beautiful super wetter night nappies from Luscious Little Somthings (I've just posted a pic in the members only forum) and if they aren't dry in time, we use a smiliar method as littlesez with the overly stuffed large nappy.

We use a Thirsties duo as they are very generously sized and put a Tots Bots stretchy bamboo in with three or four bamboo/zorb boosters.

It's worth looking at the forums, bedbugs and puddlekins pop up every now and then, and also check the WAHM threads, as they can tailor make the nappy to suit your requirements!

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:27 pm

My daughter is 8 months too and i have been using large slinki minki fleece pockets stuffed with Microfibre and hemp inserts, We've never had a leak but they do give her a HUUUGE bum :hohoho:

I've just ordered some bambooty easy nights from cheeks and cherries -(fab customer service) as my aussie friend swears by them and they're much slimmer and also are an all in one so no cover or stuffing required :wine:

Will let you know how i get on. My minki pockets will be in the classifieds soon if the bambootys work :wink:

My avatar
Heavenlyhibiscus
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Heavenlyhibiscus » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:13 am

I use baby beehinds bamboo or hemp at night with a pair of longies and find it perfect. The BBH are very absorbant with 2 snap in boosters and the woolies are breathable so the nappy doesnt go sopping wet :wave:

Next

Return to Night Nappies