hf1

Night Nappies

My avatar
shyler76
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Night Nappies

Postby shyler76 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:24 am

Could anyone suggest a good night nappy please? :-? I happily use AIO/AI2 and pockets during the day (mainly for convenience at nursery where Nieve is the only baby in cloth) and had been stuffing up Blueberry Minkys for night. Recently Nieve has been soaking through her nappies, nightclothes and once through her sleeping bag so I'm looking for something a little more absorbant. I have a PUL wrap and was thinking of getting a second fleece one (I'm a little scared of wool, though I am enamoured by the cuteness, the whole lanolising thing sounds like something I would probably get wrong, I would hate to ruin something that had been handmade so beautifully by someone). I have been looking at Ella's House Bumhuggers, Minki Huggles, Puddlekins night and Weenotions night. Could anyone advise please?x :cnthug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Night Nappies

Postby Louise » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:37 am

Moved to the night nappy section. :wink: Have a read of the rest of the section as this question has been asked a lot before. You'll find lots of information there. We use Puddlekins Silent Nights, Hollow Oak night nappies and Holdens Landing Bedbugs. However some people with heavy wetters don't get on with Holdens Landings. Ems at Puddlekins can customise the absorbency of the night nappy for you so I would get some of those.

With regards to fleece, you don't lanolise it. Just wash after every use. Wool however does need lanolising and handwashing but is very easy to care for as it doesn't need washing after every use and only needs lanolising occasionally. Wool really helps to keep the nappy drier as it allows some of the liquid to evaporate. Have a read of the stickies in the pure wool section for more info about wool use and care.

My avatar
shyler76
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shyler76 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Ah, thanks for the tips - will defo check out other posts, don't know why I didn't before. :oops: Thanks also for bearing with the relative newby :wine:

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:51 pm

I use weenotions night notions and a motherease wrap or a nature babies essential wrap. I tried fleece once, it was good for my ds when it was about 35'c a couple of years ago and he wore just a nappy and the fleece soaker, but when in clothes/sleeping bag I wasn't keen on the dampness.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Your post sounds almost exactly like it could've been written by me! I just put a wanted post in classifieds and now I've got some different night nappies/wraps/fleece on their way to me to try out. Wool is not tempting me yet...

My avatar
shyler76
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shyler76 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Thanks ladies, after much rooting around the 'night nappy' and 'wool' section here, I received my first pair of wool shorties today. I also have a Holden's Landing Bedbug and a Night Notions on their way. When finances allow I may well invest in a Puddlekins too :mail:

Return to Night Nappies