hf1

Night nappy newbie - silly question.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Night nappy newbie - silly question.

Postby Bluebell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:01 am

So our pockets are starting to not be so good for nights.
I've bought some night nappies from Classifieds, plus a wrap and a couple of fleece soakers to see how we get on.
Now I've only used pockets/AIOs up until now so I was having a bit of a read up on fleece and one of the sites said it can be used over disposables for LOs who soak through a sposie at night... so my question is this -

Could I just put some fleece over a pocket at night?!

We've been using a Wonderoo v1 stuffed with a Wonderfull + P'tits Dessous until now.
See, I said it was a silly question. :wink:

Any night nappy advice appreciated. I'm not interested in wool right now though :gosh: but thoughts on night nappies/fleece/wraps would be helpful as I have no experience of these!

Thanks - this is possibly my longest post ever, I should stop rambling...

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Night nappy newbie - silly question.

Postby ladybird » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:04 am

Can't hurt to try it! It could be that your pockets aren't absorbent enough too - although you've probably thought of that.

We found fleece useless, completely and utterly useless. Wool was wonderful though.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:13 am

I guess you could try it but if your pockets are no longer absorbent enough for nights then you're probably better sticking to a designated night nappy with your fleece over the top.

I started out in fleece as wasn't interested in wool but oh how that's changed since I first tried it :wink: :giggle: . Fleece did work for both my boys though, rarely had a leak with the right nappy. Best of luck!

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 am

Yeah, I don't think I can fit any more inserts in them though :-(
I'm hoping fleece works for us... the whole wool/lanolising thing sounds expensive/complicated and I'm bound to shrink wool too! (it's very very cute though!)

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:11 am

I wasn't interested in wool for those very reasons but I have tall boys & eventually found that I had to get fleece custom made to get the rise I needed as there's no stretch in fleece. I bought a very cheap, felted soaker to try & it worked well so have been knitting my own since so only the cost of wool. I bought a sample pot of lanolin just in case I didn't carry on with wool so was very cheap too.

You only need to lanolise about once a month if only using at night & is very easy and not hard work at all :wink:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:09 pm

I always think they REAL real nappy users use wool :giggle:

ETA that, not they!
Last edited by Bluebell on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Honest try some wool and you will love it!
I was like you only used AIO,we were just using these at night but started to get leaks so got some night nappies!
I don't get on with pul wraps so decided to get some wool instead. I bought a pair of longies on the classified for around £10, they already had lanolin on to ease me in and they were fab! Nappy and longies latest all night no leaks!! We have never had any leaks and honestly washing and wool care is easy. Just wash and lanolin by hand when they need it, I do mine maybe once a month! They are great for this time of year as they are so cosie and don't smell either!

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:55 pm

I don't wear wool because I find it itchy (I have eczema). DD has dry/sensitive skin too (and has had a big eczema flare up that took weeks to get better)... will the wool be ok for her? I also thought I had an allergy to lanolin until I used Lansinoh :hohoho:

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:25 pm

I say they are worth a try! I would recommend trying in the day first for a little while to make sure there is no reaction! Has she ever reacted to wool be4?
This is in the classified section £9 posted-Bargain!Maybe start with some cheap like this and see how you get on and what you think!
charlala wrote:Longies knitted by Debs, with a slight flare. £10 posted. REDUCED: £9 POSTED
R18, IL8.5, H21

Next

Return to Night Nappies