Newborn dad friendly night nappies?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Newborn dad friendly night nappies?

Postby Shevi » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:40 pm

i would advise a few bumgenius's.
the minky pockets are fab, but are very bulky and i know my dh claimed 'that it made him look uncomfortable'.. (excuses excuses!!)
if you are still changing at least once in the night i think a BG would be great (tho many people can stuff the well for overnight even on a bigger baby...i have never made it work) and then you would also have them to use during the day when there was soemone other than you changing the nappy as they really are as easy as diposables, and as they are one sized the popper down to tiny...but you can still use them when the baby is 2 (or even 3 if they are skinny like my boys!)

hth
shevi

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:02 pm

Thanks. We've tried a minki and it seems to be working well. He's on occasion come out freakishly dry. He's going from 9pmish to3-4amish so the minki is the only thing I've tried that doesn't give him a rash.

Dh has seemed to have accepted that nightime means ds in nightgown (has elastic bottom so you could stuff a football in it) and a bumper nappy. I think he's rationalised if it means we drop a night nappy change he'll go with it...anything to get a bit more sleep :wink:

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:31 am

Apologies for hijacking, would minki's work for heavy wetters over 12 hrs? Natty needs to go this long, Imo I am just desperately trying not to wake her more than necessary so put her in a huge nappy to get her through. Bearing in mind they can outwee a bumgenius insert in four hours when the mood takes them.

We ideally (when dry) use a bumbeano bumboo with a fleece lining stuffed with a twt clwt bamboo booster and two easy peasy hemp boosters between nappy and wrap, would a minki really be able to contend with all this wee?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:24 am

Yes, minkis work well for heavy wetters. They have a lot of room for stuffing. Kayleigh's one usually has a lot of stuffing for nights, which makes a bulky nappy look gianormous, but she is comfortable, and can sleep easily. We stuff with a microfibre insert, HH hemp stuffin (with oval) and an another hemp insert - easy peasy or EH. THe pocket is large enough to take more stuffing than that if needed. The minkis are cut on the larger size, but if you are putting in heaps of stuffing you may need that for the rise.

Previous

Return to Night Nappies