hf1

I am at a loss.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

I am at a loss.

Postby choccylisa » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:07 pm

Help! I've had enough of wet beds and wet clothing, especially when it's my bed that's wet! I've tried Bedbugs, a Wild Child heavy wetter night nappy, a Luscious Little Somethings heavy wetter night nappy, a Flutterby Fluff... I've boosted them with a hemp booster plus 2 layers of zorb, and he still manages to outpee them most nights. There's the odd night where he doesn't, but that's because I change him before I go to bed at half 10 and he's awake again at 6am to change him. I want to put him up in his cot at 8pm with the other two now and not have to change him til the morning, but he's having so much milk and won't take a dummy instead that I'm not really sure what to do. Disposables are even worse :hohoho: I've even been putting his flongies on and then a fleece sleepsuit :-? I bit confused.com as to what else to try! Any help anyone? I might try 4 layers of zorb tonight, see how that works, but his nappy is so huge already he gets annoyed when he can't roll over quickly and easily in the night. Gah!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: I am at a loss.

Postby charlibunny » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Sophie outpee's everything. The only thing's that ever last are the SUPER heavy wetter LLS nappies or standard minki's.

We stuff a large standard minki with a huge bamboo prefold and a zorb super booster. Never had a leak. Other times a BBH magic all's stuffed with an EP hemp and Zorb booster goes down well?

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Hmmm. Have ordered some little lamb bamboo boosters, will see if I can use two of those and 4 layers of zorb! Might order some hemp from Lush Tush too, could sew it to the back of the zorb. Am just really fed up of washing my bed sheet nearly every day, I even put a towel down and he managed to wriggle off the side of it still :roll: Typical male!

Where did you get the EP hemp boosters from?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:38 pm

I would say that your only option is a customised Puddlekins. Ems will customise the absorbency for you.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Louise wrote:I would say that your only option is a customised Puddlekins. Ems will customise the absorbency for you.

WSS, she will get you to weight a nappy before it is put on than again in the morning xx

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:48 pm

It's not a nappy option, but I just wondered if you had tried him with water in the night instead of milk? DD never had a dummy either and was waking for a feed pretty much every night and was outpeeing her nappies too - with a combination of the Elizabeth Pantley no-cry sleep solution and offering water instead of milk when she woke she has now started sleeping through and had no milk after her bedtime bottle for the last 3 weeks :wine:

Her nappies are much drier in the morning now, and even if she does wake for water she goes back to sleep much quicker and doesn't drink as much. I was sooo sceptical, but it's worked a treat for us, and I have never once left her crying...

Just a thought, might be worth a try?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Sandy is very similar - the only nappies that really work are puddlekins extra extra custom absorbancy or lls super wetter - we do have to put a soaker AND flongies or longies though its a nightmare. We only have 3 night nappies now (and only 2 of them are absorbant enough - the rest of the time he wears a disposable with another nappy and soaker over the top!

Ems isnt taking any custom orders on until the new year (i asked the other day) and there wont be any more lls nappies now so im at a loss at how to get more too :(

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Noah is a seriously heavy wetter too. We were getting leaks from all the ones you've tried and now use LLS wool superwetters, PK wool or a boosted standard one and finally bedbug+

All work really well on him, even the bedbugs are a success and I was a little worried they wouldn't work.

I would perhaps have a look at how much he's drinking too and slowly cut it back a little (if he's bottle fed?) And he'll naturally eat more to allow for it. :oops:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Thing is, he eats enough already :giggle: He eats nearly as much as my 6 year old and easily as much as my 3 year old! Trying to cut the bottles out overnight is absolutely a must, but I'm having major difficulties in doing it :oops: He uses the bottle to settle overnight (not when falling asleep in the evening though), and any amount of trying to offer water instead now overnight results in screaming. Some of it is me wanting an easy life :oops: and some sleep as I'm just so tired, but some is that I'm not a cc person or even leaving them to cry for 5 mins. Might have to get the Elizabeth Pantley book, although the review I read made me think it wouldn't be very helpful for us :-? This has only been since he had the s&d bug three weeks ago, was hoping it would be short lived but obviously not.

Jenna, I'm going to get some zorb and hemp so if you want some boosters made give me a shout and I'll do some extra ones for you too :hug:

Next

Return to Night Nappies