hf1

What to doo?

My avatar
LJmum
Clothie
Clothie

What to doo?

Postby LJmum » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Hello Ladies (and gents if the dads are reading too, lol)

This is my first post on this forum. I've been using cloth nappies for about 3 months now, and have been wanting to use them at night as well as during the day. My collection consists of ebay cheapie pockets, Bambino Mio prefolds size 1 & 2 and size 1 wraps, and I have 1 tots bots bamboo nappy (no wrap). I picked up a 50p Puddlepants nappy at my local meet on thursday and have no idea what to do with it. Dunno if it needs a wrap or not..

Now. My DD is a very small 6mths and is breastfed every 2 hrs over night. She wets a LOT and so far the only thing that will last her more than 6 hrs is a Pampers 'sposie.. which SMELLS. I'm desperate to get rid of the 'sposies as I hate forking out for them and I hate waking up to that horrid smell..

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as to what to do with my DD over night. I've not got a lot of money so I can't go out and buy one nappy for £30!

Thanks in advance!

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: What to doo?

Postby angelsquidge » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Have an oogle through the classifieds...you'll be able to pick up a few different types of night nappies there much cheaper than buying them new so you can trial different makes/styles to see what suits your lo best.

My avatar
timtam
Clothie
Clothie

Re: What to doo?

Postby timtam » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:46 pm

I use Nappies by Minki fleece pockets which can be stuffed with anything you fancy so you can make them really absorbent and being fleece they still feel quite dry in the morning....They work brilliantly on my heavy-wetting boy - I use a mixture of bamboo and hemp inserts. But they can be quite bulky. No wrap required which for me is a bonus. And a second-hand one off classifieds should be very cheap compared to most other night nappies. Most of my 2nd hand ones were around £6 I think.

Return to Night Nappies