hf1

night nappys

My avatar
millercl_6
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

night nappys

Postby millercl_6 » Fri May 09, 2008 9:30 am

still getting the hang of cloth but for night nappies is it big bulky everyone uses like minkis ross has been wearing his fleece sheep minki at night and is pee proof but find that minki huggles irritate his bum at night for wearing them so long

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: night nappys

Postby tanya » Fri May 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi,

I use Kiwi Quick Flips and wool shorties/soakers at night and don't have a problem with irritated skin. In fact, leaving her in this combo overnight sorts out any irritation which may have flared up during the day.

Tanya

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri May 09, 2008 1:18 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Hi,

I use Kiwi Quick Flips and wool shorties/soakers at night and don't have a problem with irritated skin. In fact, leaving her in this combo overnight sorts out any irritation which may have flared up during the day.

Tanya

i found the same, but if i use wool with seams he is irritated by where the seam are. If you like pockets for nights i find the nighttime pocket bots are fab, and dont have a seam on the edge of the legs (like the minkis iykwim...like a channal for the elastic) so are much gentler on legs

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri May 09, 2008 1:42 pm

It may be the pul in the minki pocket or the wrap you are using that is making the nappy irritate his skin, I love wool for the way it lets the nappy and skin breathe.

Maybe try a wool of fleece wrap, I assume you are using pul at night?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri May 09, 2008 2:50 pm

We use minkis (because they are an easy daddy put on nappy) and night notions with either longies or a motherease airflow wraps. Yes they are bulky, but that is night nappies for you. We find that now if we were to put her to bed in a nappy that isn't fleece lined that we get red marks around her legs. I wonder if we have a bit of detergent build up and the amount of weeing she does, if that is where the irritation is coming from.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri May 09, 2008 5:13 pm

I use either quick flips, bambeasy, bumble or ella's house bumhugger over nights, with a wool wrap or longies, no marks left on skin.

The least bulky nappy I have found is the kiwi quick flip with bamboo, it is so lovely and slim I have been using it unboosted during the day, but boosted it would work perfectly for nights too.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon May 12, 2008 11:41 am

We use either night-notions or puddlepants weedies with wool at night now and it's a rash proof combo...
Nightnotions are a very slim night nappy too and nice and reliable...

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Mon May 12, 2008 4:00 pm

Am assuming, being a board slacker and not really keeping up with who's who, that Ross is the 3rd ticker in your sig? At that age I would have thought he'd be weeing on waking so perhaps if you get to him quickly enough you wouldn't actually need night nappies?

My avatar
mumofemily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mumofemily » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:54 pm

we use minkis with extra padding or terrys x 2 with a boster for night time emily can be a heavey wetter and drinks in her sleep aswell bless her :D

Return to Night Nappies