hf1

Peed off (literally)

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Peed off (literally)

Postby babygrowbelly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:54 am

Since we started here I have always used cloth for Caleb on a night and he has always been a heavy wetter so much so I boost every NN to the extreme and any I have had made I have asked for all the extra 'boosting' possible and although no leaks he has still always been soaked.

Since the operation he seems to be even heavier, I am not sure why that is but on a morning the whole of upstairs stinks of wee and I have to strip the bed, wash everything he was wearing and leave the window open for ages in his room. His skin is always burnt in a morning (i have tried the strip washes to see if this would help) and it is so frustrating. Considering I have no sense of smell, the strong whiff of ammonia doesnt bother me but hubby is really not a happy chappy :-? and said we need to start using disposables on a night as he is fed up of all the issues in the morning. I reluctantly agreed and hubby went and got some stay dry boots nappies (the eco ones that we bought after op do not last a night, we were doubling them and he still leaked)

Just been in to get Caleb and he is soaked through, pjs wet, grobag wet, the sheet is wet, his toys are wet and the only plus point is that his skin isnt burnt so now what do I do?? :(

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Peed off (literally)

Postby tracedw » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:14 am

What a nightmare! i have never had this problem so no advice hun, forgive me though for asking a silly question but how much fluid is he drinking in the evening/night time, can you reduce the amount at all (without distressing him)will this make a difference?. MY lo has a 7 oz bottle of milk before bed and thats it until he gets up in the morning and his BB is usually quite wet but we have never had any leaks.
Hope you can sort this out , the extra washing must be a real pain.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:26 am

:hug: :hug: We have the same problem :-? I've bought some LL bamboo boosters and some zorb and hemp material to make some boosters, and so far so good, he's been soaked but only leaked out a tiny bit one night since Friday :wine: What do you boost the NN with? Our problem is that Kellan drinks so much, but as he has such a horrid cough atm I can't really stop him having water so much overnight. I also use a fleece soaker and a fleece all in one over the top.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:03 pm

What brand of nappies are you using hun? (the cloth ones i mean) What material outer / inner are they? What material boosters are you adding? Are you adding any liners at all?

Hopefully we can help you come up with a solution :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:13 pm

sympathy :hug: :hug: :hug: Dans in sposies on a night for the same reason. He was flooding everything. Although I have just been given loads of boosters so he's gone to bed with a huge bum and fc it lasts the night. Like others said, does he drink a lot before bed? maybe cut down the fluid before bed and give him more during the day? And I only use wool on daniel at night, anything tight fitting makes it worse

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:22 pm

I have tried all different ideas now and he it still isn't helping so I have made the decision to stop using cloth at night :cry:

With this in mind, I have lots of nappies to sell, but I am useless at knowing what they are made from so might need help from you all when I list them.

Just incase anyone is looking for any, I will be listing WNNN, llsnn, wcnn+ and some interlock soakers later :roll:

I can't part with the puddlekins one I had made for him so that will become a day nappy :giggle:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:51 pm

babygrowbelly wrote:I have tried all different ideas now and he it still isn't helping so I have made the decision to stop using cloth at night :cry:

With this in mind, I have lots of nappies to sell, but I am useless at knowing what they are made from so might need help from you all when I list them.

Just incase anyone is looking for any, I will be listing WNNN, llsnn, wcnn+ and some interlock soakers later :roll:

I can't part with the puddlekins one I had made for him so that will become a day nappy :giggle:

oooh I will be stalkign the classifieds as im after some LLSNN and WNNN's :)

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:17 pm

red_dwarf wrote:
babygrowbelly wrote:I have tried all different ideas now and he it still isn't helping so I have made the decision to stop using cloth at night :cry:

:giggle: well you can be assured they are all heavy wetter proof (until recently.... :roll: )

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:41 pm

babygrowbelly wrote:
red_dwarf wrote:

:giggle: well you can be assured they are all heavy wetter proof (until recently.... :roll: )

:giggle: No idea whether LO will be a heavywetter or not but as I dotn care about a huge bum im kinda of the opinion its better to have too much than too little :giggle:

Return to Night Nappies