hf1

Too much PUL?

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Too much PUL?

Postby Chooky » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:10 am

DD is a fairly Light wetter and i don't think i actually need a Night nappy. I can use a Rainbow BB pocket nappy or PeaPod overnight with 2 MF inserts and i have never had a leak. My only problem is that if we use cloth overnight she gets nappy rash with ulcers. They don't smell too bad. and i have tried with liners and creams and such but she will still get the ulcers after a day or 2. I was thinking maybe that PUL overnight is just too much and not breathable enough??? Not sure... Anyone have words of wisdom? I'm on a fairly tight budget so can't just buy until i find something that suits. I'm so sick of using sposies at night.
TIA :wink:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Too much PUL?

Postby clothmama » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:47 am

Racheal (hi by the way - I've been wondering how you are :hug: :hug: :hug: ). In all honestly it sounds like you are probably right about the pul and need to go to wool at night, nasty pul marks overnight was what prompted me to try it. I have a pair of rainbow wool shorties that need some thin elastic put in the top (or an i-cord) as they have lost the stretch in the rib, if you want to I can send them to you, you can just pay me postage? Let me know - seems a shame to use sposies if we can get it sorted :hug:

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:58 am

Thanks so much for your generosity but i honestly couldn't even afford to pay postage at the moment :oops: Might ask around to see if anyone has a fleece blanket i could cut up. That should work over night shouldn't it. She has outgrown the fleece soakers i had previously made her but they did work well during the day when i was stuck. I have some terries that we used during the day sometimes i could make them into a fitted as they are too small now too.

ETA sorry didn't mean for it to sound so.. "woe is me" :lookround:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:52 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Fleece may well work for you - I'd double it if it is thin. The Reject Shop, Sams Warehouse etc have them for a couple of dollars. Send me your address, I'm sure I can get them in a normal envelope and it won't cost me much. It can be a xmas pressie :wink: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:45 am

DS2 is the same, he gets a rash if he wears PUL overnight but is fine during the day. Wool or fleece overnight is fine though. Hope you get sorted.

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:41 pm

OMG Tory, I'm sat here in tears Thank you so much.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Chooky wrote:OMG Tory, I'm sat here in tears Thank you so much.

You're welcome - I think you need a bit of cheer :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Return to Night Nappies