hf1

Dipping a toe into night nappies - a few questions.

My avatar
Kermitandfozzy
Clothie
Clothie

Dipping a toe into night nappies - a few questions.

Postby Kermitandfozzy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:22 pm

So, my daughter is 7 weeks old and has been in cloth part time since day 4. I'm just about happy with what we have for day time and are turning into full time during the day, and so I need to start thinking about nights... but I have some questions....

My stash includes Flips - stay dry + 1 organic insert
BG V4
WAHM AIO
Bambino Mio
MLL
Easyfit V2

So, are any of these suitable for night for her now? She's obviously quite young so I'm thinking boosting one of these might be enough for night time?

Also, *newbie stupid question alert* when I have a booster in, her bum is higher than her head, and it just doesn't seem right. Is this ok, or should I pop a blanket under her upper body and head to keep her level?

I think that's all the questions I can think of right now. Thanks for any help and advice :D

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Dipping a toe into night nappies - a few questions.

Postby shoogah01 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:42 pm

we used bambino mios night and day here until Aimie was about 6 months with out any problems. It would really depend on how heavy a wetter your LO is though and how many times she is up and changed during nights

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:44 pm

It's really a case of trying nappies overnight to see how they cope. You may find that she wee's a lot due to being milkf fed only so you may find a designated night nappy works better. You can boost her day nappies & yes it's quite normal for them to look as if you could use them as a see-saw, especially when they're small :giggle: . It's nothing to worry about though and she'll sleep if she's comfy :wink:

My avatar
Kermitandfozzy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Kermitandfozzy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:51 pm

We used to change her at least once in the night, but that was generally when she pooped at night. Now she doesn't poop and she feeds and goes straight back to sleep (we co-sleep or I put her in the crib next to the bed but she's already asleep) so I don't think the wet nappy bothers her or she wouldn't drop back off to sleep so easily.

We use fleece liners so I'm happy that she should feel quite dry in a cloth, it's just a case of will it hold up...? I think I'll try one tonight and see how she does. I have a couple of odd boosters laying around so I'll pop one in and see how we go tonight.

I don't know how to gauge how much of a heavy wetter she is. I've not leaked out of a sposie at night (but then would they leak if they were full?), she generally has a last change at 10ish and sleeps through til 7ish (with feeds). In the day she has leaked out of the easyfit, but it's only been washed 3-4 times and I left it on quite long both times (bit of a doh! moment for me there.) but not leaked out of anything else, but then I tend to change her every 3 hours at most...

I suppose the only way to know it to try them and see....

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:03 pm

a easyfit will extra bamboo booster doesmy 8 wk old a full 10hrs

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:45 pm

wytch wrote:a easyfit will extra bamboo booster doesmy 8 wk old a full 10hrs

8 weeks already :shock:

Back to OP - I found it unsettling that the boosting in the nappies made their bum so high. I know if I had to lie like that my back would be shot! But she seems to have grown out of it as she's got older and it does depend what nappy you use too.

Personally I can't be bothered with the worry of whether my 6 month old has leaked in the night. Too many daily bed sheet changes made me switch to wool :yahoo: and I know there are some on here using wool from birthish.

I think the best thing with nappy questions is your own experimentation as LOs and parents get on better with different things! let us know how it goes :D

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:59 pm

Flip organic with a MF booster lasts 10hrs on my 10 month old, so maybe would last all night for your LO (perhaps even without a booster). we used bamboo little lambs with wool longies at that age :)

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:05 am

9 times out of 10 she goes to bed in a bamboo nappy ( little lambs or lollipops here) with booster and pul wrap but as she is starting to go 5-9hrs without waking we are moving over to bamboo and wool.

My avatar
Kermitandfozzy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Kermitandfozzy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:10 am

Well I put the BG V4 on with the booster that came with it (as it seemed the thickest of what I had clean as most of my nappies are in the bucket.) I put it on at 10, she went to sleep at about 11ish, woke for a feed at 4, fell straight back to sleep and just woke at just before 8. She's having a feed and I'll go change her as soon as she's finished... watch this space for how the nappy held up. I can tell it's not terrible as her growbag isn't wet :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Night Nappies