hf1

Night nappys a few questions

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Night nappys a few questions

Postby laceybat » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:11 am

hi we try night nappy before but have had lots so we use spoies but now we are having lots of leaks with these to we change him 3x a night now and his bedding i would like to try night nappys again but don't know what to get as he a very heavy wetter at night

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Night nappys a few questions

Postby BingBongBoo » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:24 am

My DD is a heavy wetter too and we tried a huge variety of pockets stuffed with hemp and bamboo but she would always wake up soaking. Recently, I decided to bite the bullet and try wool. So now we're using either bedbugs or LLS fittets under wool at night and we've never had a leak! I got some great bargains on the classifieds too. :wine:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:55 am

i too think wool is fab overnight for heavy wetters. you could try a LLS heavy wetter nappy as well, although I think they're a bit pricey. For a cheaper option you could get something like a goodmamas good-night - the one i have is one-size nippa'd, but that's great as I can add lots of boosting.

I also found that when I changed to wool overnight then i didn't need as much boosting as I previously needed.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:17 am

stormflowers wrote:My DD is a heavy wetter too and we tried a huge variety of pockets stuffed with hemp and bamboo but she would always wake up soaking. Recently, I decided to bite the bullet and try wool. So now we're using either bedbugs or LLS fittets under wool at night and we've never had a leak! I got some great bargains on the classifieds too. :wine:

i have a lot of wool already as he's in it all the time during the day :giggle:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:13 am

:( I have given up on night nappies for this reason. I just couldn't keep up washing all the bedding and if I boosted him too much then if he pooed it just came out the sides and went everywhere :puke:he's in eco sposies for nights now

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:25 pm

The only nappies we've ever had success with are the puddlekins & LLS superwetter wool nappies. They are expensive though. Dd is still soaked in the morning but it doesn't wake her up.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:35 am

well i put ryan in a pocket that was stuffed with 3 prefolds and 2 bamboo boster and then put him in a pair of shorties i had under his normal pj and got up this morning at 6 and his bed was dry and his pj but the pockets was soaked. so doing it again tonight and see if we get the sam result. just wished i din't have to stuff so much hopeful we are going to buy a night nappy to try and see if that woorks. thanks for all the advice

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Are the prefolds bamboo? Would also use hemp boosters as they are more thirsty.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:13 pm

We use Bedbugs and Upsy Daisy night nappies. I prefer the UDNN as get a better fit with those. We got all our night nappies from classifieds. Don't think they make Upsy Daisys anymore though.

Next

Return to Night Nappies