hf1

Finally taken the plunge!

My avatar
clairegrace
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Finally taken the plunge!

Postby clairegrace » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:49 pm

So, after months of using cloth in the day time, we've taken the plunge into cloth at night!! 2 nights in, no leaks :wine:

For now i've been using a bamboozle or stretchy boosted with a LL bamboo booster and an EP hemp with wollies over the top. This has worked fine for 12 hours but i'm a bit :| about whether this will always work as Grace BF a lot throughout the night still and all of the nappy and boosters are wet by morning other than a 2 inch line at the top back of the nappy :shock:

Soooo, a few questions before I foray into dedicated night nappies.........

Do they all need wraps/woolies or are any of them AIO type (thinking ahead for the summer nights here!)
if I'm using a fitted and wool, can I also boost outside of the nappy? does it matter if there is leg gape with wool?

I've had a look at the WN website and their plain night nappies seem to be good value - TBH I don't care if NN are pretty or not since they're covered anyway :wink: But are WNN any good/any more absorbant than the combination i'm using now???

Cheers ladies!! x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Finally taken the plunge!

Postby Shaunie » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Most night nappies need a wrap or wool but some do use generously sized pockets such as Minky nappies. Due to the breathability of wool it makes it fine for use in the summer. You can boost the outside of the nappy too. I get a bit of leg gape with night nappies & wool but being as my LO's don't poo in the night, it doesn't bother me and we get no leaks. I use WNNN and find them good but can't compare to what you're using now but hopefully someone else can help.

:wine: for success at nights so far!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Finally taken the plunge!

Postby monsterm » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:49 pm

How old is Grace now hun?

Like Siobhan said wool is perfect over nappies is summer because it is breathable so it keep you cool in the summer & warm in the winter.

Weenotions are great night nappies. Buy a second hand one on here to see if they are a good fit on Grace. The other option are the minky pockets but as well as buying the nappy, you also have to buy some good inserts to put in them so they might work out more expensive. They are also very bulky which didn't work for us because A is quite petite.

Return to Night Nappies