hf1

Fleece soakers and night nappies

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Fleece soakers and night nappies

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm thinking of getting a couple of soakers to use instead of PUL at night.

So is this right - we'd put him in night fitted, soaker, then PJ's and sleeping bag (we'll be moving to duvet in a couple of months).

Would we need to use a different soaker each night, and wouldn't the PJ's / sleeping bag smell a bit?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Fleece soakers and night nappies

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 pm

When I used fleece I would put pj's over then into sleeping bag. You will need a clean soaker every night though as yes, they will smell. I didn't need to change his sleeping bag daily though - pretty much the usual usage before a wash!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Fleece soakers and night nappies

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Also you can make your own fleece soakers really easily if you have a sewing machine and can get a fair few soakers from a metre or fabric

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Fleece soakers and night nappies

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Or you could try wool soakers as they don't need to be washed every day! I wash and lanolise mine about once a month or earlier if they start to smell or leak :wink: :D

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Fleece soakers and night nappies

Postby Bluebell » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Shaunie wrote:When I used fleece I would put pj's over then into sleeping bag. You will need a clean soaker every night though as yes, they will smell. I didn't need to change his sleeping bag daily though - pretty much the usual usage before a wash!


WSS although we are currently using vest and babygrow, but same difference as pjs.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Fleece soakers and night nappies

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Thanks for all your advice ladies!

Shaunie wrote:Or you could try wool soakers as they don't need to be washed every day! I wash and lanolise mine about once a month or earlier if they start to smell or leak :wink: :D


We don't use, or wear wool as I am allergic to it (think big itchy sore red patches!) I think Oliver might also be sensitive to it, so I try to stay away!

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Fleece soakers and night nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Atm due to the cold nights we put night nappy, fleece soaker, cotton sleepsuit and then fleece sleepsuit as Tyler doesn't keep blankets on and hates sleeping bags. I use the same soaker for 2 nights and never have a smell problem - I just put it over the end of his cot to air during the day xx

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Fleece soakers and night nappies

Postby choccylisa » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:52 pm

pinksalmon2001 wrote:Atm due to the cold nights we put night nappy, fleece soaker, cotton sleepsuit and then fleece sleepsuit as Tyler doesn't keep blankets on and hates sleeping bags. I use the same soaker for 2 nights and never have a smell problem - I just put it over the end of his cot to air during the day xx

WSS. Or Kellan has a vest, pj top and fleece trousers though instead of a soaker, with his duvet over the top of him although he usually kicks it off.


Return to Night Nappies