hf1

Help- night nappies for a little super soaker

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Help- night nappies for a little super soaker

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:14 pm

I need to get some more night nappies as I only just about have enough for use at home plus with a week long inpatient stay coming up soon I need enough for a week of night nappies.

So far we have a standard OS Puddlekins (needs mega boosting), a custom OS Puddlekins (which still needs boosting but not sure why as its got more than enough absorbancy built in but it is still drenched all over by morning :-? ), WNNN (plus mega boosting) and a couple of Minki pockets which get stuffed with 3 PD bamboo + 2 EP hemp. We've got a Wild Child Dreamy which is good for absorbancy but absolutely atrocious for fit as I don't think it was designed with a 13 1/2lb baby in mind so it's half fallen off him by the morning :giggle:

I've heard fab things about the LLS wool super heavy wetter night nappies but unfortuantely as LLS are closed to custom orders so not an option :(

I have found something called a Bedbug Plus online but I don't know if it would be any good for a super wetter or not and don't really fancy spending £27.50 +p&P on a nappy without getting recommendations that it is good and can cope with heavy wetters.

Can anyone recommend to me some night nappies that are good for super heavy wetters? Findlay is on his feeding pump pretty much all day and night so takes in a lot of fluid overnight hence the supersoaking

I'm open to suggestions of either fitteds (as I use wool and fleece) or pockets
Last edited by Bobble Boy's Mum on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help- night nappies for a little super soaker

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Have you tried zorb to boost. Its much more absorbent.

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 pm

No I haven't although I am planning to buy a couple of nappy cuts of it to make boosters from to get maximum boosting in minimum bulk as with him being diddy he looks like a weeble at night bless him.
How many layers of zorb would I need to make a decent absorbancy booster?

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:41 pm

No idea im affraid as this is all theoretical knowledge for me atm :giggle: am sure one of the other super wetter mums will be along soon to give you some better advice :-)

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:35 pm

we found bedbugs useless for our heavy wetter. Our puddlekins custom and LLS heavy wetter are our best, along with well boosted fluuterby fluff nights. Minki's worked well with 2PD bamboo and 2EP hemp but can't get a good fit now!
Can't think of any other suggestions I'm afraid but sure someone else will!

My avatar
Keep it Real
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Keep it Real » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:35 pm

I have a very heavy wetter and have started using the Ecobubs pocket night nappies. So far so good! The outer is wool and the colours are lovely!! I got mine from Babipur. They are on sale at the moment.... :D

My avatar
sahara
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sahara » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:20 pm

I would say Leo is a fairly heavy wetter, I have a bedbug plus which I boost with two layers of zorb as well. comes out quite wet in the morning, but the wool is dry so its working atm, also its only been worn 4 or 5 times now so absorbancy isn't at max.

I wouldn't say he is a super heavy wetter tho

HTH
xxx

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Any thoughts on Dunk and Fluff heavy wetter fitteds? I found these on the same site as I found the Bedbug Plus night nappies but again having never tried D&F I'm not sure how absorbant they are.

*sigh* It would make life much easier if each nappy gave a rough idea of absorbancy in mls along with the sizing like Puddlekins do!

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Bobble Boy's Mum wrote:Any thoughts on Dunk and Fluff heavy wetter fitteds? I found these on the same site as I found the Bedbug Plus night nappies but again having never tried D&F I'm not sure how absorbant they are.

*sigh* It would make life much easier if each nappy gave a rough idea of absorbancy in mls along with the sizing like Puddlekins do!

If the DNF heavy wetters are the ones will added zorb then from a parent to a super heavy wetter.....THEY MAKE NO DIFFERENCE!! I still have to boost them to make them last more than an 1hr

Next

Return to Night Nappies