hf1

Small night nappies?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Small night nappies?

Postby Frances » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:01 pm

flutterby wrote:Noah is in a small bedbug plus tonight and it's seriously ginormous!!

Would you recommend them Hanna? Do you get a full night out of it?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:02 pm

We used day fitteds for ages with either fleece or wool. Whilst he was still night feeding it was really tough to find a small night nappy with enough absorbency for the 7-14oz he was taking overnight.

We ended up using Magic Alls for a while as we could stuff a lot into the pocket and the PUL helped prevent leaks, but the amount of stuffing required (which was seriously a lot) distorted the pocket and we got leaks, so we changed back to fitteds.

Jake's only just started sleeping through anyway, but we've just settled on WNNNs with wool and they seem to be holding for now.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Frances wrote:
flutterby wrote:Noah is in a small bedbug plus tonight and it's seriously ginormous!!

Would you recommend them Hanna? Do you get a full night out of it?

It's normally pretty wet, but it goes 12hrs with lots of night feeds so yeah they are good, but HUGE

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Maybe I will just wait untill she fits in a med WNNN then :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:13 pm

I never used specific NNs with Katie until she was in Ms as like all the others we had a dirty nappy at every feed. I just boosted her day fitteds JIC she didn't need changing during the night. I do have a bedbug that I bought as part of a collab but don't think I'll be getting any more.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:17 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Jake's only just started sleeping through anyway

Completely off topic, but I read this bit to DH and he said 'how, what'd they do to him?'

We're still having a horrid time of it overnight, so any tips welcome....

:night:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:22 pm

charlibunny wrote:Im not doing night nappies. I figured they wake that much just change when they wake :lol: I think i will start at medium night nappies. Have a WNNN but that's it.

WSS! We used terry nappies exclusively for the first year with Kellan and I didn't change him after he was about 4 months old as he stopped pooing overnight. I just boosted them with an extra layer or two and he was fine. I'll most likely get mediums to start with as I reckon mine will be out of the smalls within weeks with my record of rather large babies :giggle:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:48 pm

I have 2 udnn smalls, small bedbug and a sz1 hollow oak NN for DS :) all preloved x

Previous

Return to Night Nappies