Re: NN Rant update and pic pg 2

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: NN Rant update and pic pg 2

Postby littlesez » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:27 am

so im so :( at out night nappy situation! I have a stash of Puddlekins Heavy Wetter (PKHW) and one Luscious Little Somethings Heavy Wetter (LLS HW) and they are no longer working for us :cry: They have always been saturated but now we are back to soggy wool and wet bed. I am having to change izzy in the night which tbh im not that bothered but izzy is hating it :crossbaby:

I spent a lot of money on my night nappies and was really hoping for them to last to PT gah don't know what to do. I have 2 minki's and use 4 inserts but thats a lot more inserts to find if i replace my stash with those.

I could still keep the nn for the next bubs maybe then i get a bit more wear out of them, it sounds daft but really reluctant to sell them on incase its just a phase.

urgh the idea of doing a whole new stash now is tiring especially since izzy is pt'ing. How long does it take them to be dry at night though? could it be a year or so?

sorry long waffle!
Last edited by littlesez on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Rant

Postby justme123 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:53 am

Sorry you're having such a hard time :(

This is just a thought, and might not be workable for you, or you might already be doing it, but if Izzy is starting to PT, could you maybe try and get her to use the potty just before bed? And limit drinks after dinner?

Being dry at night is very individual, and has no relation to training in the daytime as far as I can tell. Ds1 day trained at 22m, but wet at night until he was 6. Ds2 day trained at 2.5 and was simultaneously dry at night. Its one of those things that just happens when they're ready!

In terms of nappies, pockets were definitely the best for us at night at this stage. Minki and Happy Heiney were the ones we used. They can be stuffed as much as required, and were very reliable. Depending on what you stuff them with you don't need many as they dry very quickly. A pad folded terry square is pretty absorbant as stuffing goes, and dries very fast. You could probably manage with only 2 pockets if its just for nights.

Or... could you use your current NN with a little more boosting and a PUL wrap? It could be that the wetness is wicking through the wool with pressure, especially if she is sleeping in one position, and a waterproof wrap might contain it better? We gave up on wool at night for this reason - heavy wetting boys lying on their tummy in wool = wet bed and dry bottom :giggle:

Good luck!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:15 pm

i already boost my night nappies with extra zorb :shock: I think minks is teh way to go and just need to now spend a fortune on inserts :( there is no way a terry square would last all night.

Wow how different are your LO isn't it weird i reckon izzy will be in nappies for a while she has milk at bedtiem and sometimes in the night you see.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:19 pm

How many night nappies have you got? Is it feasible to use two on top of each other at night? We had some success with that until we discovered the super wetters and PK wool nappies.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Could it be while she's potty training she's saving up wee (whether intentionally or not) and releasing it at night?
Also now she's learning bladder control she will be flooding more rather than trickle weeing throughout the night...

Isabelle is still not dry at night despite being in knickers from 26months sorry! And her nappies still leak (comes and goes in phases) whether disps or cloth... I'm waiting for Ems to have the time to make a custom older child heavy wetter nappy for a while now but what with one thing and another it's not happened yet unfortunately...

I'm assuming you've tried stripping them etc...

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:39 pm

tanya2007 wrote:How many night nappies have you got? Is it feasible to use two on top of each other at night? We had some success with that until we discovered the super wetters and PK wool nappies.

:giggle: i don't think she would be able to move! whats super wetters? i don;t think i can cope with spendingh £25 per nappy :( \ i have 8 nn atm

ill give 2 a go tonight but might need to take a pic :giggle:

steph i think that is exactly what is happening, not in a rush for her to be dry at night at all just wish she wasn't waking up soaked and upset :( what do you use atm?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:50 pm

Well for Isabelle we've resorted to dipsdisps as she's too big for any cloth...

Grace isn't a heavy night wetter though really - more medium... I find that weenotions night nappies are perfect, not soaked in the morning... Hollow oak night nappies I have to boost, our puddlekins night nappy which was made for the secret santa yonks ago is still ace and just right, and a well boosted first class baby works well too - I boost with hemp or zorb and a bamboo prefold or similar...
We also use large standard minkis stuffed with two bamboo terries and two easy peasy hemps - again not drenched and doesn't leak...

Does she drink in the night still?
Last edited by Velvetsteph on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tired typos :)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:52 pm

whats dips :oops:

izzy still drinks a bottle of milk before bed and sometiems has 1 :bf:

My avatar
megansmummy