My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Rant

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:55 pm

littlesez wrote:whats dips :oops:

izzy still drinks a bottle of milk before bed and sometimes has 1 :bf:

erm my bad - typo... Disposables... :oops: Nappy pants aka big-girl disp nappies :roll:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:56 pm

We use LLS sw, they are fab, and usually just a bit damp on the outside in the morning. They are great, but they are expensive. :( We're still going to get a few more if we can!

Have you tried HL bedbug(+)? Or maybe some zorboost boosters? I know Ems does them, not sure how much they are but they are supposed to be very good at night...

Hope you find something that works, and whatever you do, don't limit her liquid in the evening/at night, it's not the answer.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:34 pm

fluffy_mummy wrote:We use LLS sw, they are fab, and usually just a bit damp on the outside in the morning. They are great, but they are expensive. :( We're still going to get a few more if we can!

Have you tried HL bedbug(+)? Or maybe some zorboost boosters? I know Ems does them, not sure how much they are but they are supposed to be very good at night...

Hope you find something that works, and whatever you do, don't limit her liquid in the evening/at night, it's not the answer.

just out of interest why do you say don't limit bedtime drinks?

tried HL and already boost with zorb would loev a LLS SW but don't know whether to spend all that money on something that may not work GAH!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
littlesez wrote:whats dips :oops:

izzy still drinks a bottle of milk before bed and sometimes has 1 :bf:

erm my bad - typo... Disposables... :oops: Nappy pants aka big-girl disp nappies :roll:

I don't think i could do it :oops: might tyr one night though just to see

My avatar
flower child
Clothie
Clothie

Postby flower child » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:29 pm

My DD is a massive wetter and went through a phase at about 18mo of out wetting anything and everything for about 2 months. I think like PP said, they start to learn bladder control and just release it in one massive go. I ended up using a (women's) pad as well, or if they are available in the UK, Eenees do a compostable booster, so we would have a heavy wetter night nap on, PLUS a pad/eenees insert on the outside, with woolies over the top.

FWIW, it did only last for about 2 months, but nearly drove me insane at the time.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:36 pm

I'd hands down recommend the LLS SW - if it doesn't work, I can guartentee to take it off your hands :wink:!

In my experience, reducing evening drinks, especially milk, can be difficult for both mum and child, it will disrupt her sleep, she may not sleep as long or as well, and it may not make a hge difference at this age, because they do tend to hold on to liquid for longer and release it all at night. It's often not the amount of wee that nappies can't deal with, but the fact that it's all released at once (so trying different combos of fabrics that absorb quickly and then some that absorb more over time may help) and as pp said, boosting outside the nappy is a good idea...

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: NN Rant update and pic pg 2

Postby littlesez » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:34 pm

well the wool outer super wetter lls was no better at holding all the wee. I mean seriously what is going on with this girl :hohoho:

right so i now have 6 minkis and stuff them with 4 different inserts then i have 2 LLS which i cannot bear to part with as i paid so much for them :oops:

I have tried these all all been outpeed! of course im not saying anythign wrong with these nappies its just izzy is a mega piddler!

normal nappies with extra boosting, pah!
weenotions night notions
Holdens landings bedbugs
puddlekins night nappies
baby beehind
luscious little somethings heavy wetter and wool outer
raven tree night nappy

so we know what works ok izzy cannot walk in her night nappy but she satys dry :D Inside her night nappies are a folded up terry square, an upsy daisy large bamboo insert, a petits dessous insert and an easy peasy hemp insert

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Re: NN Rant update and pic pg 2

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Oh, bless!

Don't feel bad if you do need to use disposables at night for a while, you and Izzy have saved so many nappies from landfill, and you need to make sure that Izzy is happy and comfy at night. Cloth isn't suitable for every situation, and there's no point clinging rigidly to something if it stops working for you.

This heavy wetting phase may only last a while anyway. xxx

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: NN Rant update and pic pg 2

Postby megansmummy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Oh bless her!! :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies