hf1

New to night nappies - where to begin?

My avatar
Fliblet
Clothie
Clothie

New to night nappies - where to begin?

Postby Fliblet » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:05 am

I'm considering taking the plunge into cloth at night. We're struggling with leaky eco-type disposables every night, and I'm really trying to avoid going down the Pampers route if I possibly can!

I don't have a lot of money (who does these days?!?), so don't want to make a lot of mistakes, so would really appreciate advice from you lovely ladies of cloth knowledgeness :D

My boy is biggish (7 months and not much shy of 20lb), very tall, long in the rise and has delightfully chubby thighs. His waist seems to go in and out all the time at the moment as he's continually plumping out then stretching again, although he's never really very chunky waisted. I have no idea whether he could be classed as a heavy wetter or not - just that he's managing to out-pee the disposables, but not sure if this is due to fit or too much pee!

I'd probably prefer fitteds and wraps, and open to the idea of fleece and/or wool, but he's a pretty non-moving front sleeper, so don't know if that affects things due to potential for pressure wicking...?

Spam me with your ideas! All thoughts very gratefully received before I splash my hard-earned...

:wine:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: New to night nappies - where to begin?

Postby Bluebell » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:31 am

We are fairly new to the world of night nappies ourselves, we used to just use pockets at night, with a lot of inserts. I got a selection of night nappies from classifieds, to see what works for us. So far, everything has been good! The only ones that leaked were the UDNN which I now put the inserts in differently so all the absorbancy is at the front (DD also sleeps on her front). We find that fleece soakers sometimes wick a little over a Bedbug, but are fine over a Baby Bufters. You'll probably need larges :wink: New night nappies are really expensive, so glad to have got a few from classifieds :wink:

PS we haven't tried wool yet but I think a lot of people on here use fitteds with wool at night.

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: New to night nappies - where to begin?

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:45 am

Our favourite night nappies are Holdens landings bedbugs. You son would probably need a M/L. You can get instock from here http://www.etsy.com/shop/HoldensLanding?ref=seller_info or email Bonnie for a custom one. If your son's a heavy wetter or sleeps in one spot ask for a custom one without any microfibre :wink:

WeeNotions do great night nappies & they're really absorbant. Good for chunky thighed babies too as skinny babies often get leg gape. http://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_ ... sa635jn5u7

Other night nappies we love are Luscious Little Somethings (LLS) & Puddlekins :D

Hope this helps :wink:

Oh, we always use wool & no problems here with leaks.

Return to Night Nappies