hf1

HL Bedbug advice please!

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

HL Bedbug advice please!

Postby CherryPie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm

I'm just about to put in an order with Bonnie and she's asked me to decide which of these I'd like in the nappy:

Inner fabric :Microfleece or organic bamboo velour
Boosters lined with: Microfleece or organc bamboo velour (or one of each)

Which would you recommend would be best for a heavy wetter?

Any advice will be gratefully recieved as I really don't have a clue! (am relatively new to this :))

Jo x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: HL Bedbug advice please!

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:43 pm

TBH not everyone with heavy wetters gets on with bedbugs. If you've got a heavy wetter get a bedbug plus rather than a bedbug if that's not what you have ordered already. I'm not sure what the make-up of a bedbug plus is but the hidden layer in bedbugs usually contain mf so I'd ask for something other than that in there if it does. Avoid fleece as the inner layer as you are losing a layer of absorbent fabric by choosing fleece over BV from what I understand.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:44 pm

Basically what Louise said, you'll need to confirm where the core (most absorbent bit of the nappy) is to be placed too. I tend to go for gender neutral which is the middle put you can have front or back too so can suit tummy sleepers/boys or girls. Having obv inner and kinking will all add to absorbency.

I usually ask for a natural core, stay clear of micro fibre for a heavy wetter. The core of a bb+ is bamboo fleece I think.

A plus is definitely more suited to a heavy wetter, we used to use toddler bedbugs as day nappies on Noah who's a really heavy wetter and couldn't use them at night. But we use plus with great success overnight.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:53 pm

I would go for a plus as well. Beautiful as G's dreamscapes were they just didn't cut it at night and she wasn't a heavy wetter at all x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:17 pm

We got on great with Bedbugs and Dreamscapes. I'd go for bamboo all the way, ditch the fleece.

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Thanks you :) Have opted for the bedbug plus! Fingers crossed they'll do the job :thumbsup:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:18 pm

CherryPie wrote:Thanks you :) Have opted for the bedbug plus! Fingers crossed they'll do the job :thumbsup:

what did you get in the core? I would go for bamboo unless you have a really light wetter xx

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
CherryPie wrote:Thanks you :) Have opted for the bedbug plus! Fingers crossed they'll do the job :thumbsup:

what did you get in the core? I would go for bamboo unless you have a really light wetter xx

Took ur advice on board and opted for bamboo :) Looking forward to trying them out! xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:43 pm

yay hope it is ok for you :wine:

Return to Night Nappies