hf1

Night nappy help!

My avatar
lilypie
Clothie
Clothie

Night nappy help!

Postby lilypie » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:19 am

I need some advice. I am using cloth on my first baby, he's 6weeks and 10lbs at the minute.
In the daytime we are using a mixture of Teenyfits, Itti's SIO and WN size small. They are all working well, I am changing him every 2 to 3 hours.

At first these seem to work well at night because he was waking every 3hours to be fed, he is now sleeping between 6-7 hours at a time - but will wake after 3-4hours because he is wet through!
Last night, we tried bamboozled with extra booster and a bummis wrap, he was soaked through in 2 and half hours!

I don't really want to be waking him to change his nappy at night if he is sound asleep, so I need some reccommendations of night nappies? I am loving cloth and want to find something that works at night!

Thank you for any help!x

My avatar
Scraggy
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Night nappy help!

Postby Scraggy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:08 pm

I've always used WNNN, they last stanley the whole night.
Mandy x

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:32 pm

WNNN or HL Bedbugs are usually a good bet. I also like Minki pockets for night times - normally I wouldn't recommend pockets/AIOs for overnight but these really do work (for us anyway) - I boost them with bamboo and an Easy Peasy hemp booster.

We also liked bamboo Little Lambs for nights when DD was younger.

Rach xx

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Also meant to say have you thought of trying fleece/wool instead of PUL wraps? I don't use PUL at night as we do tend to get leaks, we always use fleece soakers and they are great as it means the air can circulate and evaporates some of the wetness before it leaks.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Have you tried folding the boosters so there are more layers in his wet zone? What kind of boosters are you using? Maybe try getting some hemp or zorb boosters for under the bamboozle booster if your not already using these, I would not have thought that many night nappies will fit your little one as at 10lb he will still be quite small :-? Zarah is 18 weeks and only really now going into dedicated night nappies she is around 14lbs atm
Wee Notions nn in medium have huge leg gape so we can't use those but Hollow Oak sz1 nn are fitting her well, until I bought these I boosted & boosted normal nappies but used/use wool as the nappy cover

My avatar
happygolucky
Clothie
Clothie

Postby happygolucky » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Ella's house bumhuggers are a good night time option for heavy wetters. They have fleece on the inside with a hemp flap out bit and hemp outer. You can stuff the pocket with more boosting if necessary. The fleece is nice and soft and wicks any moisture away from the baby's bottom and the hemp is very absorbant. A motherease wrap works well over these or wool/fleece soaker.
A small goes from birth to 20lb so should fit your DS fine.

Sarah x

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:05 pm

When mine was a similar size I used small bedbugs, tots bots stretchies (he didnt wet as heavily then!). I would personally go for small LLS, small WNNL (you can add small bamboo boosters to these if needs be) and small bedbugs if I were picking night nappies for another little one and always wool over the top, cant beat wool!

Return to Night Nappies