Tummy sleeping heavy wetting boy ideas

My avatar
2Spangly
Clothie
Clothie

Tummy sleeping heavy wetting boy ideas

Postby 2Spangly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi,
I have a tummy sleeping, heavy wetting boy - well padded pocket nappies with extra bamboo layers don't seem to work. Disposables don't work either. Has anyone used any night nappies on their tummy sleeping boys with any success as I think I will need to invest in something new!
Thanks

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Tummy sleeping heavy wetting boy ideas

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:14 pm

How old is you lo?

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Pocket nappies probably aren't reliable enough for a heavy wetter overnight. I think the most popular combo is usually a fitted nappy with wool over the top.

My avatar
2Spangly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby 2Spangly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Small one is now 9 months and quite a good size for his age. He is between medium/large on different nappies depending on the type.

Not sure what you mean by wool at the top?

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:54 pm

2Spangly wrote:Small one is now 9 months and quite a good size for his age. He is between medium/large on different nappies depending on the type.

Wool soaker or longies. It allows some of the moisture to evaporate during the night and most people find it much more effective at stopping leaks than pul wraps.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:05 pm

My DS used to pee like a horse at night at that age. I found the best was combo was a NN with wool longies or shorties over the top.

Great brands to try for a HW are Weenotions Night Notions; Holdens Landing Bedbug Plus, Puddlekins (you can have a nappy made to your LO's peeing capacity), Luscious Little Somethings Super Heavy-Wetter and Wild Child Dreamy Night nappies.

Avoid microfibre inserts or boosters as with a HW it'll just absorb like a sponge and squish out again. Hemp, bamboo and zorb are the best fabrics. You could also opt for a fleece/minkee inner as these fabrics are stay-dry and will wick moisture away from your LO's skin.

If you don't like the idea of wool then you could use a fleece soaker/trousers.

Hope that helps :D

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:59 pm

2Spangly wrote:Small one is now 9 months and quite a good size for his age. He is between medium/large on different nappies depending on the type.

Hi, sorry about that. Most pocket nappies and a lot of wraps are made from PUL as a watrerproof layer. 100% wool soakers (like pants) or trousers (longies, shorties crops) can be used as a waterproof layer when soaked in lanolin, the natural oil produced by sheep. The lanolin and the breathability of the wool mean that it is very effective at stopping leaky nappies.

HTH.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:01 pm

My DS is nearly 8 months and is a tummy sleeper. He wears WNNN overnight, with all the inserts folded into the wetzone. I'm finally beginning to see how a child could have a dry to the touch night nappy in the morning :yahoo: (never once happened with my DD)

Return to Night Nappies