All my Night Nappies are leaking?!

My avatar
Liliyboost
Clothie
Clothie

All my Night Nappies are leaking?!

Postby Liliyboost » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi
Hope some can help me, ds is 3 1/2 now and only in nappies at night but every nappy we have is leaking and I'm not sure what to do. Have stripped nappies to make sure no build up but am now fed up with changing sheets every morning :cry:

We use a mixture of stuffies, wnnn, and wild child. Had bed bugs in the past but not absorbent enough even with boosting.

Any ideas, have not bought any fluff for ages so am probably out of the loop if anything new has come along :wink:

Thanks so much xx

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: All my Night Nappies are leaking?!

Postby vampiredreams » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Have you tried a LLS superwetter??? especially one with a wool interlock outer...

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:46 pm

What are you using as covers? PUL or fleece/wool? Wool would allow some of the moisture to evaporate so the nappy would not be trying to hold everything. You could also boost between the nappy & cover.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:53 pm

What are you using as a cover? Wool is best as it allows some moisture to evaporate.
Puddlekins may be your best bet or a lot of people swear by nappies by minkee for nights as they hold loads of boosting. Not sure what else to suggest as G's wildchilds are near dry on the outside in the morning x

My avatar
Liliyboost
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Liliyboost » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi
Thanks for you replies, I use wool covers, some longies and some interlock/couche, but nothing is working, have re-lanolised everything again just in case.
Have not tried lls nappies only covers so might have a look at them. Although his nappies are always wet, they have always been that way, can't seem to work out is there leaking from the leg or through the nappy??
Forgot about boosting between cover and nappy (did that when ds was little) :oops:

Will give that ago, also will have a look at the lls, so glad my fluff buying days are not completely over :giggle:

Thanks xx

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:31 pm

I don't know as my DD is only 16 months, but at 3.5 isn't your LO near PT age? could it be that he's holding it most of the night and then letting it all go in one go in the morning so it soaks through the nappy too fast? you might need some fast absorbing microfibre or zorb to take it in quickly? otherwise do you put him on the potty last thing at night and again first thing in the morning?

My avatar
Liliyboost
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Liliyboost » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi
He was a little late with the pt but is dry all day now, nights have not been successful yet, he is a wanderer and will turn up in our bed, dd's or sometimes even the dog's in the middle of the night and he is wet then. I'm trying to limit his drink last thing at night and he does use the loo before bedtime, so I'm not sure??

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:07 pm

sorry did :giggle: at him ending up in the dogs bed
Gracie has been dry in the day since she the day she turned 2 but still not at night yet. Her nappies are often whiffy in the morning as she is doing a big wee just before she wakens I think. Before bed she only gets half a cup of milk and pee's before she goes to bed, we will get there in the end - hopefully x

My avatar
Jamling
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Jamling » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 pm

I ended up using stuffies on my heavy wetter toddler at night. What do you use to 'stuff' them? the only thing that worked for my boy was to use a hemp bigger weed and a wn bamboo night insert to stuff the stuffie :giggle: Also we used fleece covers which worked really well (didn't expect them to) they are called Dancing Bear fleece soakers and they have a double layer of fleece over the whole nappy area and I would guarantee they'd fit over any night nappy.

Hope you find a system that works for you little one.

Next

Return to Night Nappies