hf1

Pop-in Nappy Leaking

My avatar
emdeb
Clothie
Clothie

Pop-in Nappy Leaking

Postby emdeb » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:43 pm

LO is 5 weeks old and we started to use his close parent pop-in nappies for the first time at night for the first time last week. We have got the bamboo inserts and I have washed hem the recommended 6 times before we used them, but they seem to be leaking around the top. LO is in the nappy from his last feed at midnight and he seems to last until 5-6am when I notice that his vest is a bit damp. I have followed some recommendations already for the leaking such as not poppering down the front of the insert and folding the smaller insert in half, but I still have the leakage. i have tried it on both the smallest and middle popper setting as there was a lot of gape above the velcro fastening.
Any advice would be great. thanx

My avatar
caz88
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Pop-in Nappy Leaking

Postby caz88 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:10 pm

Not sure if I cn be of much help but I found that when bubs was small I did get some gaping with the pop ins, which improved when she got bigger. What I did when she was small was just to use the bamboo trifold night booster on its own with the wrap and not to use the inserts as well for overnights until she was bigger. This stopped the gaping and since she wasn't that old she wasn't weeing too much overnight. Maybe you could try that? It poppers into the wrap.
Hopefully someone else can come and give more help soon. :hug:

My avatar
jobeama
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Pop-in Nappy Leaking

Postby jobeama » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:20 am

Aha! I was wondering what the extra popper on the booster was for! Good advice, I'll have to remember this when mine comes out as I've got a bunch of pop-ins for use overnight :)

Return to Night Nappies