WNN and wraps

My avatar
basil
Clothie
Clothie

WNN and wraps

Postby basil » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi

I have my daughter in a large wee notion night nappies and at first these were fine but now she is waking up soaked through every morning. I have been using motherease wraps but as they are quite well used I think the problem is that they are not working. What wraps would anyone recommend for using with the wee notions?

I would be most grateful for any help as I am really not sure what to do next.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: WNN and wraps

Postby scarlet » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Well you could try a weenotions wrap if you like PUL but Id recommend a soaker this is a knitted wool wrap.
We use these for nights on our daughter and never have any leaks , all wool wraps need to lanolinised to make them waterproof.
The other thing I would say is maybe your water is weeing more and you need a more absorbent nappy, you could try boosting the nappy as well! Or try a nappy designed for heavy wetters!

My avatar
sezzlebum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sezzlebum » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:11 pm

you could also try a fleece soaker, pumpkin pants do some lovely ones, Aimee has never leaked thru one yet, this is the cheaper option,
we also use wool soakers/longies which are more expensive (unless you knit yourself) but are sooo pretty :D

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:19 pm

What age is your Daughter & what does she drink milk or otherwise?

I know Rufus went through a stage of about 2 months were all his nappies were totally flooded come morning, dripping wet, even the most expensive most absorbant thing I could find... then as he started eating more food as opposed to just milk I found it did start to calm down.

Wrapwise I find Thirsties Duo wraps are the best, never got on with fleece/wool etc as he was so still at night that we got compression wicking, but I know others swear by it

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:20 pm

Have you tried boosting the nappy more or you can add a booster between nappy and wrap.

My avatar
basil
Clothie
Clothie

Postby basil » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Many thanks for your advice. I think the problem is partly because she is drinking too much near bedtime so will try adding a bit more boosters - although she is really slight so the nappy is already huge as it is! I also like the look of the pumpkin fleece soakers - I had never considered these before but am tempted just because the designs look so nice. I will have to have a look around for some.

If that fails then I will have to do some more research on which night nappies are better for heavy wetters.

Return to Night Nappies