hf1

Stink

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Stink

Postby moo54 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Ok, so the wnnn's stink. I have 4, used on rotation for 2 years solid now (ds then dd)......I include them in my strip washes (full dose of bio method) and they smell fine coming out of the wash but our bedroom smells vile in the morning :puke:

Any suggestions....cos some days I am seriously considering binning them and getting new ones or at least new inners and that would be such a waste when they do the job fine :cry:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Stink

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Try a different method?
Dishwasher Tablet?

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:59 pm

our WNNN's have always done that for some reason but we go through stages where DD's pee is just toxic anyway.

I still haven't found a way to fix it

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Have tried the dishwasher tablet without success. The smell is embarassing now, have to use sposies when staying over at my mums...

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:50 pm

Have you tried a couple of drops of tea tree oil or similar (we use the Cheeky Wipes Tea Tree and Lemon Grass oil) in the softner drawer for the final rinse?
Works wonders for our nappies when Erin is teething/refusing bed time milk and has toxic wee :-?

Dooby x

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:42 pm

is that ok on sensitve bits? My dd seems to have a couple of recurring sore patches on her girly bits and I wouldn't want to make matters worse....

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:47 pm

the brand new WNNN we used always seemed to stink come morning irrelevant what we did....fingers crossed you find a solution

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:50 pm

moo54 wrote:is that ok on sensitve bits? My dd seems to have a couple of recurring sore patches on her girly bits and I wouldn't want to make matters worse....

It seems to be :lookround:
To be honest, as long as it's only a couple of drops, even efficient washers use a fair bit of water on the rinse cycles, so it dilutes down to almost nothing, but leaves the nappies smelling really fresh.
Doesn't seem to affect Erin's skin at all & I guess as the Cheely Wipes stuff is designed to be used with cloth wipes, they wouldn't use something that's likely to cause a skin irritation, I wouldn't have thought.

Return to Night Nappies