hf1

Need to choose new night nappies, not sure what I need.

My avatar
Lizzy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Need to choose new night nappies, not sure what I need.

Postby Lizzy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Rufus is soaking his night nappies (and day, but that's easier to sort out), and i'm not sure what we need to change.

He has a LLS med (2 x snap in boosters - don't know if that's standard or HW) which is prob the best we have. It is very wet in the morning, but his bum is fine. We have a WNNN Med that doesn't fit very well now, but used to be ok. Bedbugs were never a great fit on Rufus when he was smaller, wouldn't know where to start with them size-wise now.

We mostly use Bumbles with their own booster and a couple of flannels which used to work well altho quite bulky which Rufus doesn't seem to like :roll: . But now they are drenched by morning and he interferes with the wrap and nippa and this morn he had unhooked the bottom nippa bit and he was soaked, jammies, our bedding, MY JAMMIES !!..

So can anyone advise ?

I want something really absorbant, trim (between the legs especially, not so bothered about sticking out bum :giggle: ), poppers would prob be best as he will undo velcro and now nippas as well it seems :x .

I think rather than him peeing more, he is prob peeing the same amount as before, but less frequently, so the nappy gets a big drenching. He may well be peeing a bit more tho as he is drinking a bit more now I come to think of it. What fabrics would be best if this is the case?

Also I find sizing very confusing - Med LLS good rise, but on the last snaps and a bit tight - WNNN Med, bit short in the rise, but loads of snaps left to grow into - Bumbles good fit all round, but too bulky between the legs now we need to boost so mouch.

Never tried a wild child or a puddlekins night nappy...

Thanks if anyone can help. :hug:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Need to choose new night nappies, not sure what I need.

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Puddlekins nappies can be made to measure so a good start may be weighing your nappies before and then in teh mornign to see how much he is actually wetting then you can go from there for absorbency. Not sure on fit, sorry it has been a while now!

My avatar
Lizzy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Lizzy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Oh and I meant to say (as if i'm not being fussy enough :oops: ), I prefer boosters inside the nappy/pocket if poss as snap in ones sometimes get rucked up around his bits and he's a bit of a fussarse about it :roll:

My avatar
Lizzy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Lizzy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Ooooh weighing would be a good idea, thanks.

I can just see OH's face when he sees me doing that, he thinks the cloth thing is bonkers anyway... :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Lizzy wrote:I can just see OH's face when he sees me doing that, he thinks the cloth thing is bonkers anyway... :hohoho:

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: we are all mad on here :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:14 pm

LLS can do a pocket NN ... we have one (the others are all snap-in like you describe) we use the Super Wetter version which is more absorbant again than a Heavy Wetter ... where did you get yours? It would be useful if you could find out which absorbancy it is.

Our Rufus is about 30lb and quite long and has been in a L LLS for a while now.

We loved our WNNN's but he grew out of the M a good while ago and we've not tried a L, we do have L WNSS though & I think the fit is similar ... not sure if the rise is the same? We have SR which is perfect but am thinking of trying a HR next time. Maybe you could get a larger one which would be more absorbant & then boost between the nappy & wrap? Either with a Green Kids Booster or a Puddlekins Zorboost, have used both & both are excellent for this & won't bulk up his nappy.

We did have some M PK which Ems customised the absorbancy on so great on that front, but we found them a small fit especially in the rise so they didn't last us long :cry: , but others seem to say different, so not sure about that ... give him a measure is the best thing to do, thighs, waist & rise. (if you are weighing just pop the used nappy in a nappy or sandwich bag & pop on the scales ... I think you need to do 3 mornings to account for variation.

Bedbugs, I think we'd need Toddler, M/L only 'just' do up so there would be no growing room, we've not got on with them though due to the MF content, not tried the new Plus version though.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:16 pm

http://www.etsy.com/shop/fluffymail these guys now do night nappies and while I've not tried them yet we have used their daytime side snap fitteds as night nappies by adding boosters, and they now do fleece lined night nappies - I'm very eager to try them!!

They're really lovely and helpful too...

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:47 pm

We boost our heavy wetter lls with another 3 inserts on top of the2 it came with and it's still soaking but it may change the fit on your little one.What about trying the new puddlekins all hours?

My avatar
Lizzy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Lizzy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Sorry, can't work out how to 'quote' from your replies :oops:

Thanks everyone for your help. :D

Zoeyboo - Super wetter pocket might be the way forward, thank you. I do love LLS nappies, gorgeous and a good fit on Rufus usually. Am tempted by a puddlekins tho as I haven't tried one, but they look a bit more bulky between the legs. Do you think they are?

Velvetsteph - Thank you, those nappies look gorgeous !! And they are not nearly as expensive as a lot of night nappies which is a bonus. I don't think they had the right size, but I will look again just now as I had two little 'helpers' earlier when I looked. :giggle:

lazylexis - Yes, extra boosting usually causes leg leakage. Rufus is quite petite so that may be why. Putting more boosters in the nappy seems to leave gaps around his thighs. Boosting outside the nappy is tricky as we sometimes use PUL but sometimes use wool and I think I need a system that just works that I don't need to think about iykwim :giggle: . I will check out the puddlekins all hours now.

Next

Return to Night Nappies