My avatar
Ju1i4
Clothie
Clothie

Toddler Night Nappy

Postby Ju1i4 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Hiya

I'm new here :wave: be gentle with me, this is my first post! :D

I have 2 DD's, an 8 month old and DD1 will be 3 in May. DD1 is potty trained in the day but still needs nappies at night. While she was full time in nappies we used cloth in the day but sposies overnight because as a baby everytime I tried her in cloth overnight she got horrendous nappy rash. However, I'd really like to try her again now she's that bit bigger.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a good night nappy for a skinny tall almost 3 year old? I do have BG V3's which still fit her, if sufficiently boosted do you think they could cope? Anyone else tried this?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Toddler Night Nappy

Postby Shaunie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:12 pm

DS1 is very tall and slim. He wears toddler bedbugs. He can get away with a wee notions night notions too but they are atad short on the rise.

DS2 wears the same, he's also tall/ They wear wool soakers at night though, if DS2 wears PUL over night he wakes with a rash :( but with wool or fleece he's fine :D

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Ds wears puddlekins all hours and night nappies and Luscious Little Somethings night nappies with wool over the top. Works a treat we never get leaks even if I have to boost the older nappies :D

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:21 pm

hello and :wave:

Unless she is a light widdler I doubt BGs would cope at almost 3. If you super boost them they tend to gape around the legs, especially if she is thinner.

I would recommend either Nappies by Minki or Wee Notions Night Notions depending on whether you want a pocket or a two part system.

Minkis are fleecy pockets which can be stuffed with just about anything, they can take a huge amount of boosting and mine have never leaked, even when inserts have been sodden. Fleece lined, which will help keep her drier too and aplix fastening to help get a good fit round the waist . Only drawback is they are HUGE and fluffy, but I kind of like a weeble bum at night time. Looks cuter :giggle:

If you are happy to go with two parters then WNNN are just fab nappies. I use a few different night time ones but these are my absoloute favourites and have also worn really well compared to some of the others. Massively absorbant in the bamboo version, which again will help with keeping her dry and preventing a rash. I use with a motherease rikki wrap.

Night nappies can be costly. Might be worth seeing if you can borrow a couple or even keep an eye on classifieds for pre-loved to try before you buy. Some retailers or networks have schemes where you can too.

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:51 pm

Hi and welcome to the tree :cnthug:

Rowan wears Large Puddlekins Just Velour with an extra zorb booster or Toddler Bedbugs, again with an additional zorb booster. We also have a couple of Flutterby Fluff Nights which I love. We did have a few Weenotions Night Nappies but sold them as we couldn't get a good fit around her legs. She also tends to wear wool at night although we do use WN or Motherease PUL wraps as well.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:43 pm

My 3 and 5 year olds wear Flutterby Fluff night nappies, Puddlekins All Hours, Toddler Hollow Oaks,L and XL Dunk n Fluffs with added zorb (boosted) and Toddler Holdens Landing Bedbugs. All under wool soakers or longies. Wool or fleece are great for overnight as they both allow air to circulate more freely and some of the liquid to evaporate so nappies aren't quite as wet as they would be if using PUL covers.

My avatar
Ju1i4
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ju1i4 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:41 am

Ooo, thanks so much, lots to go at there. I did use minki huggles with me wraps when she was a baby, infact, I've just sold them on as they're now too small for DD2, they're both growing too quickly! :) I guess a bit of experimenting is in order, I'll keep an eye on the classifieds. Thanks again.

Julia x

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:16 am

Hope you find some that work for you - we use LLS super wetters at night, with fleece soakers. I've also ordered some HL bedbug plus so hoping they work. I would suggest fitteds and wool/wool interlock/fleece rather than pockets or pul wraps, but I have used PUL in the past. Benefit of fitteds are that you can boost outside the nappy as well, (under the wrap/soaker). It might be worth ordering some zorb if you can and adding a sheet or two to whatever you use to increase absorbancy.
And watch the classifieds closely! The big player nn are snapped up so quickly!

My avatar
Ju1i4
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ju1i4 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:57 am

Well, I'm amazed. I've been putting her in the BG's with the newborn microfibre and 2 bamboo boosters and they've held up every night! I can't believe it.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Julia x

Return to Night Nappies