hf1

fleece and silk liners

My avatar
bubbaloo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

fleece and silk liners

Postby bubbaloo » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:11 pm

Do you always use a fleece liner day and night?

Anyone used silk liners... do they also keep bum dry?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: fleece and silk liners

Postby JanX » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:44 pm

I use fleece liners occasionally, usually during nap time when they have a bamboo fitted nappy on!

I have used the silk liners in the past (to help with nappy rash!) and no, thay don't act as a stay dry layer!

jan x

My avatar
bubbaloo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby bubbaloo » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:52 pm

So at times you have no liner at all right?

How does that affect their bum then? What happens when its moist all the time?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:07 pm

We mostly use pocket nappies that are already fleece lined so I don;t need to add another liner to them!

but there are times when they have no liner at all and they are just fine! I honestly don't see a difference from when the do have liners to when they don't.

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:02 pm

For us it depends on the fabric - our active toddler needs the fleece in the daytime otherwise she rubs sore pretty much whatever the fabric,

Nighttime she's fine without but I find she wakes more as she knows she's wet - which will be great for potty training at night but for the moment I use fleece liners :)

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:13 pm

I use boots disposable liners - but they go through the washing machine unless they have a poo on which then all gets flushed. This combo works for us since the end of Jan, before then we were 100% fleece users - stopped due to bum creams clogging up everything and giving me more hassle. But he does have some fleece lined nappies too, not noticed any difference tbh even overnight.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:26 pm

We always use a liner (even on fleece lined nappies) as it is just easier for us to clean the poo off. We also find if we are using nappies that don't have an integrated liner, that Kayleigh will get red if wet bamboo has been rubbing against her skin all day. Nursery days it is a paper liner, and fleece for home.

My avatar
bubbaloo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby bubbaloo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:27 am

When your child goes to Nursery... do they flush solids down the loo or wrap the whole thing up in a wet bag?

I can just imagine that where I live I am the only cloth wearer and they will look at me like I'm an alien! :shock:

He doesnt go yet, but may do when no2 comes along.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:16 am

We really don't get on with paper liners ( we only use them with bum cream ) other wise all his nappies are fleece lined, bar about 2 or 3 which we have to put fleece in (am in the process of getting some big pieces of fleece that I can get to cover the whole nappy and roll out a bit to stop the leg casing rubbing ) he really needs the fleece, but then I know others who have had the opposite and find fleece make sore bums worse, I think it's really a case of trial and error!

Also I have some silk liners, but have yet to used them yet, I'm not to keen on the whole hand washing thing, spesh if they're covered in poo! But I guess if I use them over night they're unlikely to get pooey!

Next

Return to Night Nappies