hf1

Night nappy advice please

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Night nappy advice please

Postby Rebeccar75 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 am

Hi. I am using sposies at night - think it's time to move to reusables but don't know where to start. Ds is just starting to sleep through the night and I don't like to wake him to change him unless there's a very fruity smell coming from his moses basked :giggle: . He's 3 months old and has quite thin legs. I'm getting to grips with his day time nappies and was just using 1 sposie a night put on after bath time but he's now often having another one just before bed time as likes to fill his boots before he goes to sleep. I haven't got a clue how on earth a reusable could last a long time... he's changed every few hours during the day.

Any advice / tips from you ladies??..

Thanks, Rebecca xx

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Night nappy advice please

Postby Bluebell » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:20 am

I would recommend putting a 'Wanted' post in Classifieds, that's what I did when we decided to move to night nappies and now we have a nice selection of preloved night nappies and wraps. New night nappies are usually pricey so it's a good idea to try a few different preloved ones until you know which ones work for you LO. Our favourites are Hollow Oak, Bedbugs and Baby Bufters. :wink:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:40 am

Which nappies are you currently using during the day time?
If it's a two parter (fitted plus wrap) then you may well be able to get away with extra boosting to get you through the night, if your LO is now starting to sleep through.
I wondered the same thing as you, as I also started with cloth just during the day, and was needing to change Erin every couple of house during the day. But by using the two pop-in boosters in her fitted nappy & placing an additional two boosters - 1 x hemp, 1 x bamboo - between her nappy and the wrap (this stops the nappy from being over-boosted which can cause leg gape & leaks) we got through the night no problem.

Dooby x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:25 pm

I have never needed to use a specific night nappy on a 3 month old TBH, we just used boosted smalls under wool or fleece (much better than PUL, especially at night) . Once they started sleeping a bit better at night we used Wee Notions Night Notions, Holdens Landing Bedbugs and Hollow Oak night nappies. I have some Puddlekins all hours that I will probably use for this baby as well.

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Am using pockets -fuzzis which Im getting on well with after a few hiccups. Ive got a few 2 parts - Little Lambs nappy and Kushies and Tots Bots wraps. I have been using bamboo inserts but just bought a hemp trifold which I thought Id cut up into boosters possibly - just don't fancy waking to a total flood situation in the middle of the night...

doobykat wrote:Which nappies are you currently using during the day time?
If it's a two parter (fitted plus wrap) then you may well be able to get away with extra boosting to get you through the night, if your LO is now starting to sleep through.
I wondered the same thing as you, as I also started with cloth just during the day, and was needing to change Erin every couple of house during the day. But by using the two pop-in boosters in her fitted nappy & placing an additional two boosters - 1 x hemp, 1 x bamboo - between her nappy and the wrap (this stops the nappy from being over-boosted which can cause leg gape & leaks) we got through the night no problem.

Dooby x

Return to Night Nappies