hf1

How many night nappies?

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

How many night nappies?

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:58 am

dd's first ever propper night nappy landed on the mat this morning :D It's a night notions and just looking at it i know it's just what we needed and i also know it will fit perfectly because it's the same cut as the pockets :D It's all hemp and bamboo so wont dry fast, how many do you think we will need? ( i do'nt tumble dry if i can help it either).

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: How many night nappies?

Postby Louise » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:01 am

I don't have a tumble drier so have to line dry. At the moment we have 4 night notions and it's not really enough for the two of them as I have to wash the night nappies every day and if I can't dry them outside the bamboo inserts take over a day to dry. So I would say you need at least 3 for one child if you are washing every other day.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:53 am

We have 4 night nappies - 2 minkis and 2 night notions. This is just the right number for the moment for us.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:57 am

currently we have 4 night nappies for each girl ( 2 minkis each and 2 baby bufters each) and most of the time this is enough, however I could do with 1 more each for those times when you get a little behind!

jan x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:21 am

DH does the wash every other day (and uses the tumble dryer :oops:) and we had 3 night nappies. Bella is going to visit the grandparents for a week soon (soooo not looking forward to it) and they do not have a tumble dryer, so we have just bought 2 more night nappies to ensure there are enough. MIL doesn't like having washing hanging around during the day and our nappies won't dry completely overnight.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:51 am

Great i will get 2 more then once i have enough pp, I have got a slinki minki to use at night but preffer wool, think i will just go with more night notions for now.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:21 pm

Well we have 7 night nappies :oops: because when its wet here they are really hard to dry and take forever. It also means that if Evie needs a change in the middle of the night then Im in no major rush to try and get nappies dry. We have a night notions, 5 Bumhuggers and one made by Allie of Scrunchkins too - all great but do take a couple of days to dry on the airer.

Sadie xx

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:25 pm

For night I have 2 night notions, one minky, one bamboozle and one motherease so that's 5 night nappies although I have been known to use other ones (well boosted ) too.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:57 pm

I would say four per baby is a good number to have but we now have five with a few pockets that can be used for days or nights...

I have:
Two night notions
1 Puddlepants Weedies
1 standard Minki
1 Jimmy Riddles

Backups:
Fitteds that can be well boosted
1 Slinki minki, bit bulky for days but quite slim for nights...

Next

Return to Night Nappies