Best Night Nappies

My avatar
Mummycloggs
Clothie
Clothie

Best Night Nappies

Postby Mummycloggs » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi All,
My son is 3 months and just going into medium sized nappies. Up until now we have been using bum genius of a night time with an extra liner and pad. Samuel is now wetting through these of a night. As im new to cloth nappies I was wondering if anyone has any advice of what is best to get?

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Best Night Nappies

Postby scarlet » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:00 pm

We love:
Puddlekins
Weenotions
Luscious Little somethings

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:24 pm

TBH any dedicated night nappy would good. Maybe start off with a holden's landing bedbug or weenotions night notion as they are easy to find on classifieds.

What weight is your baby? Many people skip mediums & go straight to large (depending on make). I would definately go for a m/l bedbug rather than just the medium. It'll last a lot longer.

I'd also recommend considering using wool soakers over-night. They help the moisture evaporate so the nappy can hold more & is also less sweaty for baby than pul wraps

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:36 pm

monsterm wrote:TBH any dedicated night nappy would good. Maybe start off with a holden's landing bedbug or weenotions night notion as they are easy to find on classifieds.

What weight is your baby? Many people skip mediums & go straight to large (depending on make). I would definately go for a m/l bedbug rather than just the medium. It'll last a lot longer.

I'd also recommend considering using wool soakers over-night. They help the moisture evaporate so the nappy can hold more & is also less sweaty for baby than pul wraps

I was just going to reply but Monsterm says it all really :wine:

We are getting on well with our Bedbugs :thumbsup:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:48 pm

I also didn't know what to get when we were new to Night Nappies so I just put out a 'Wanted' post in Classifieds. We like Bedbugs, Hollow Oak and Baby Bufters. We also have 2 Upsy Daisy's which we don't use as much now, you could try one if you like? One is definitely a medium, but I'm not sure about the other. DD was nearer 10 months I think when we used it, but she's quite little :giggle:

My avatar
Mummycloggs
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mummycloggs » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:14 pm

What nappies are best to use with a wool soaker? Samuel is 11lb so I am guessing he will be a small or medium depending on make. I have tried some size 1 tots bots with a fleece wrap and fleece liner but his bum ends up so red :(.

My avatar
SLB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby SLB » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:48 pm

my baby is 3months, is a super wetter and I love the ellas House bumhuggers, been using them for a couple of weeks. I love them more than my puddlekins and they are sooooo much cheaper. Got one pre loved after numerous recommendations on another board and have since bought 3 more from nappygolucky when they were on sale.

Work well with wool too xx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:18 pm

Mummycloggs wrote:What nappies are best to use with a wool soaker? Samuel is 11lb so I am guessing he will be a small or medium depending on make. I have tried some size 1 tots bots with a fleece wrap and fleece liner but his bum ends up so red :(.

Any fitted nappy will work with a wool soaker. Not many companies make a small night nappy because babies generally do not need them until they are a little older so keep your eye out for mediums. Is it a bamboo tots bots you are using? Do you boost it? Day time fitted nappies will only work at night for light wetters but they generally work for babies under 12 weeks when they are boosted. There seems to be a lack of medium night nappies on the classifieds at the moment which is unusual. I don't know what your budget is but it might be worth checking if this girl sold her nappies
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=71632

I'm really glad that the bumhuggers work well for SLB but they are not a nappy that work for heavy wetters. They are cheap though so they might be worth a try if you have a limited budget. Puddlekins are fabulous nappies & it might be worth noting that Emma makes the nappies specifically for each baby so the absorbancy in one is not the same as the other. You will see that most WAHM nappy ads on the classifieds will say if they are nappies/heavy wetter nappies or super wetter nappies.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Fleece soakers are also a good cheaper alternative to wool :wink: I love the look of wool and really want to try it but I always end up spending all my money on nappies LOL. But we get on really well with fleece. We generally use WNNNs (although they aren't working so well at the moment, but hopefully they will again soon), and HL Bedbugs.

For overnight, fitteds are generally best and people dont generally recommend pockets - I know BGs would never last over night for us. However we do use Minki pockets for occasional night time use and I have found these fab, never had any leaks. I stuff them with a Wonderfulls microfibre insert and boost with an Easy Peasy Hemp.

Return to Night Nappies