hf1

Superwetters & puddlekins all hours?

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Superwetters & puddlekins all hours?

Postby Sally » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:40 pm

herbina wrote:I was a little disappointed when I bought Puddlekins all hours in size medium preloved. The nappy itself is soooo cute and cuddly but it's just so bulky between the legs that our DD looks like she almost has to do a split, and still she gets a builder's bum. Too bad, we didn't even get a chance to try its absorbancy since she was crying too hard until we changed the nappy into other less bulky. Does anyone else have such problems with the fit?

I found the fit of pk way to big for us when Honey was little I think you are better getting a size smaller than other brands :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:43 pm

princessliana wrote:
herbina wrote:I was a little disappointed when I bought Puddlekins all hours in size medium preloved. The nappy itself is soooo cute and cuddly but it's just so bulky between the legs that our DD looks like she almost has to do a split, and still she gets a builder's bum. Too bad, we didn't even get a chance to try its absorbancy since she was crying too hard until we changed the nappy into other less bulky. Does anyone else have such problems with the fit?

I found the fit of pk way to big for us when Honey was little I think you are better getting a size smaller than other brands :hug:

WSS. Puddlekins are generously sized. I love ours, I don't find them bulky at all. In fact quite the opposite, they are the slimmest nappy that I use on my heavy wetter overnight.

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:03 pm

Louise wrote:
princessliana wrote:

WSS. Puddlekins are generously sized. I love ours, I don't find them bulky at all. In fact quite the opposite, they are the slimmest nappy that I use on my heavy wetter overnight.

We are loving ours but we do only use them as night nappies, which are always huge in this house anyway. :giggle:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:11 pm

Louise wrote:
princessliana wrote:

They are our slimmest night nappy too

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 pm

princessliana wrote:

Definitely this.
Erin comfortably fits into a medium sized PK (the large is massive on her, so is being saved for when she's a bit bigger) but needs a large size in other nappies - like Wee Notions Night Notions, for example.
For us, a PK nappy is no bulkier than any of the other night nappies we use, and less so than the super-boosted day nappies we used to use before investing in some night-time specific nappies.

Dooby x

My avatar
herbina
Clothie
Clothie

Postby herbina » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:07 am

Ok, so what's the problem with the builders bum then if it's too big? We're currently using Ecobubs M heavily boosted (with 5 layers trifold of bamboo terry + EP hemp) so the nappy is pretty huge but not so much in the crotch and the rise is higher. After all, our DD is only 63 cm / 8 kg so she's not too tall yet. We couldn't snap the PK even nearly to the tightest snaps, she has pretty chunky thighs. WNSS medium SR is pretty low as well, but Bitti D'lish SIO M and AIO L fit both just fine.

Maybe it's the thick zorb trifold that makes the nappy go too low? But I'm still gutted how wide it is from the crotch with the insert. Maybe I'll just wait a while and try it on later.

I guess it's not the best combination to have a heavywetter (she eats around 4 times in the night) and chunky thighs which means that there's not so much space between the legs for a bulky wide nappy. The bulkyness should be the other way, not width if you know what I mean...

My avatar
herbina
Clothie
Clothie

Postby herbina » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 pm

It seems that mine is just velour, not all hours. Is there different sizing for them?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:53 pm

we have a heavy wetter and our old large PK night nappy is on the largest snaps all round! Nathan is about 27lbs tho.
I do find PK quite wide in the crotch as well and we are using a one size all hours that ems kindly made us which is fine but again has a wide crotch.
Our LLS seem to have the narrowest crotch I think and our heavy wetter large has loads of growing room.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:58 pm

I love them, yes they are winder in the crotch than most but they aren't bulky at all. G has builders bum when I take her soaker off but that is because she is tall and skinny, a snug fitting soaker though means it stays put all night x

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies