Best wrap to go with Bamboozles?

My avatar
Cymraegpixie
Clothie
Clothie

Best wrap to go with Bamboozles?

Postby Cymraegpixie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi ladies.
I'm expecting mt first and am building my stash. I think I'm pretty much done now and within this stash I have 6 Tots Bots Bamboozles. My best friend uses cloth and she said that she found Bamboozles to be fantastic night nappies but she struggled to find the right wrap which led to her LO having reoccuring thrush thanks to a warm wet bum and she's now using disposables at night. I'm really keen to avoid this same pitfall so wondered if anyone had any tips and recommendations?
Thanks.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Best wrap to go with Bamboozles?

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Wool :-)
Its breathable and makes the nappy last longer. I use wool soakers over fitteds at night (dh uses all in ones as they are easier :-) ) and i use longies during the day. We bought pul wraps but just dont reach for them.
Have a look on the wool section of the forum that should gibe you plenty of info on how it works, an how to care for it etc

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Also a fleece liner (rather than disposable) creates a waterproof layer between baby's bottom & the wet nappy

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:07 am

We use alot of wool but if you want a pul wrap then my fav are thrsties duo's!

Deffo use a fleece liner too!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:14 am

megansmummy wrote:We use alot of wool but if you want a pul wrap then my fav are thrsties duo's!

Deffo use a fleece liner too!

WSS

My avatar
happygolucky
Clothie
Clothie

Postby happygolucky » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:31 pm

I use a motherease rikki wrap over DDs bamboozle and it works really well.
Agree that a fleece liner is best with them to keep baby's bottom dry against the bamboo.
Oh and a Little lamb bamboo booster too :)

My avatar
Cymraegpixie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Cymraegpixie » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:36 am

Thanks ladies.
It's been a few months and whilst I've been lurking, I've not been posting.
Thomas arrived at 220am on the 8th of July weighing 7lb 10oz and went into his first cloth nappy at 2 days old.

Before he was born I bought 25 fleece liners on eBay and they now go into every nappy he wears. We have ended up using disposables at night because this little man wees like a horse. I LOVE my Rikki wraps and right now he has on a Bamboozle with a Rikki, but they just can't cope at night and he was always soaked through. He's just gotten big enough to fit into his BGs so I'm now going to try boosting those until he's big enough to fit into dedicated night nappies.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 am

Hi! My little man yes born july 4! We use bamboozle at night with am extra booster, fleece liner and tots fleece wrap and it will go all night. The fleece wrap works really well.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:17 am

My LO is a couple of weeks older than yours, but there is no way a bamboozle would have lasted overnight for her after the first week or so.

There are plenty of dedicated night nappies you could try (check out classifieds for some inspiration!) or just try more boosting.

A fleece or wool cover will help the moisture evaporate and make the nappy last longer as well as keeping him drier :-)

Next

Return to Night Nappies