hf1

Smelly night nappy - any insert that will help?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Smelly night nappy - any insert that will help?

Postby Shaunie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:20 pm

I use fleece liners in the day but never at night. DS2 tend to have his morning poo around an hour or so after getting up and his night nappy is off by then anyway.

My night nappies smell bad when they're due a strip wash and are still a tad smelly after because they are worn for a much longer period of time. Could this bad smell be teething related? If so, the smell will probably subside when teething settles.

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby masheater » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Yes I think it is teething related but just sooo bad. Do you use any other liner instead of fleece then? I use terries overnight (and mostly during day too) and have never used terries without a liner. Feel a bit wierd about it but have been wandering about leaving liners off in the day to promote wet awareness....

Oh dear I am digressing now.
But would just the liner make that much difference??

OH btw - thanks for the dishwasher tablets tip - will try that next strip! :D

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:28 pm

I don't use any type of liner at night. TBH, I doubt that the liner would make *that* much difference in terms of smell at night time. For day use the only thing I'd be wary of without the liner is how sensitive the skin *may* be to the wet nappy but of course that will vary from baby to baby. :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:30 pm

I use a minkee liner at night, is we don't I find Gracie gets a scorched bum as she holds here wee, if only she would night train grrr

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby masheater » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Thank you. Prob just try taking the slimmas out then. Will look for an alternative...... *classifieds* lol

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby masheater » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 pm

UPDATE!

Gave barley water (very dilute) to drink yesterday. Also replaced slimma stuffa with a folded small bamboo terry - TADA normal wee smell not eye watering stuff.

Ha now don't know which made the difference! So - no barley today, just bamboo terry alteration.
Will let you know! :D

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Yay :wine: Now just to decide which did the trick :giggle:

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby masheater » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:38 am

WELL, today the nappy smelt vile again. SO tonight i will try slimma and barley to drink today!

Will let you know :) - I hope this will help someone else, although if it stinks tomorrow I'm a bit lost lol; unless it's a combo i suppose or even just luck of the draw! :roll:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:51 am

think i will have to try ethan on very diluted barley water as his night nappies (WNNN'S) absolutly reek of amonia in the morning now to the point where they reqly do make my eyes water. The nappies smell lovely when they have been washed and i rinse reguarly and do strip washes but its in the morning they smell, his inserts in his pockets that he wears in the day never ever smell like this so i know its just his strong wee realy.
will try him on the barley water and see what happens myself.
good luck

PreviousNext

Return to Night Nappies