hf1

Are Bamboozle Stretchies any good for night time?

My avatar
sexyjacksparrow
Clothie
Clothie

Are Bamboozle Stretchies any good for night time?

Postby sexyjacksparrow » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:17 am

Do these make good night nappies?

We still use sposies on Xavier at night time and occasionally I toy with the idea of trying nappies at night but I'm actually pretty stash happy in terms of practical nappies that do the job for daytime (I'm think I'm about to get sucked in to the prettiness that is WNOS though ) and really don't want to go through the whole thing of spending loads of money and/or trial and error all over again.

HOWEVER, I do keep finding my mind wandering towards Bamboozles. IF we were to decide braving cloth at night, I would want the following criteria, which I realise is asking a lot of a night nappy:

- must be absorbant enough to last 12-13 hours (Xavier is 6 months old, 15lb 6oz, and no idea how I tell if he's a heavy wetter)
- as slim fitting as possible so that he will still fit into his sleepsuits
- not too expensive
- BTP which comes back to the expense thing as well as having to bother buying buying sizes

I'm guessing Bamboozles would be a good fit on Xavier as we already use Easyfits as one of our main day nappies (the other being Flips) but I guess the fit of the wrap would be more important than the fit of nappy? He has quite skinny legs. I'd probably use flip wraps or nature babies or motherease which i have heard are good.

So - enough of my rambling - are bamboozles any good for night?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Are Bamboozle Stretchies any good for night time?

Postby monsterm » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:23 pm

TBH I wouldn't invest in new nappies until you find out what will work for your baby. Pointless buying new bamboozles when they might not work. They don't work at night for some & they do for other so it's a bit trial & error. If I remember correctly, easyfits have pockets. Invest in a good insert to go into the easyfits and see if boosting it will work. I wonder if a petit dessous (http://www.clothnappytree.com/wahm_wond ... c=99&i=384) would fit in. I'm not sure as I have never had an easyfit. Is the pocket big?

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:32 pm

xx
Last edited by tiyuricc on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
sexyjacksparrow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sexyjacksparrow » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks ladies!

monsterm - I would probably buy one or two preloved ones just to try them out rather than buy a load of new ones only to find that it doesn't work.

tiyurric - thanks for the suggestion re two part pyjamas. Xavier is just about out of his 3-6 month ones now and I only have a few 6-9 month ones (all preloved) so I could definitely look into buying some two piece ones instead. Would also give use the option of him just wearing the top on warmer night (we use a sleeping bag too). Do you use a vest under them?

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:27 pm

We havd used stretchies in the day and love them (although not any more as dd has pt'd) but they wouldn't have lasted her 12 hours. She is a heavy wetter though. What do you use in the day? They are certainly big enough to boost though, you could pup a couple of easy peasy hemp boosters in the nappy, and I used to boost between the nappy and nappy cover too. Definitely try to pick up a couple off the classifieds though to see if they work. Alternatively you can sometimes pick up preloved night nappies on the classifieds for a reasonable price :wink:

My avatar
sexyjacksparrow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sexyjacksparrow » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks Rachel. During the day we predominantly use TB Easyfits (V2s) or BG Flips. We get around 3 hours out of an Easyfit and 4 out of a Flip.

My avatar
happygolucky
Clothie
Clothie

Postby happygolucky » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:57 pm

I use a bamboozle stretchie at night on DD who has just turned one. We were using them when she was still feeding at night and they would be absolutely saturated but no leaks (motherease wrap on top) and now that she doesn't feed at night they are not even fully soaked.
I pop in a LL bamboo booster and a fleece liner and we find them a great night time solution and the size 2 are BTP so really good value for money and a lot cheaper than some of the more specialized night nappies.
I don't find them bulky, much less so than the originals and we can easily fit a sleepsuit over the top of them.
Sarah x

My avatar
sexyjacksparrow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sexyjacksparrow » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks Sarah! Xavier normally has one feed at night but we don't change him - if he wakes for a second feed we would change him then though.

I have some LL boosters too so think I might give the bamboozles a try at least. Worst case they don't work and we sell them on.

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:47 am

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I used a bamboozle stretch last night for the first time and it worked really well. It was completely soaked (after 14hrs straight) but T was dry to the touch and had no leaks. Think I'm going to invest in some more.

Next

Return to Night Nappies