hf1

Using wool at night

My avatar
TheWaterHorse
Clothie
Clothie

Using wool at night

Postby TheWaterHorse » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:50 pm

I've just started using wool at night. So far I'm quite pleased with it but my dd does feel very ,very slightly damp (cold rather than wet) through her sleeping bag where she's been lying on her nappy all night. Is this normal or a sign that I need more boosting or more lanolising? It's not really a problem as it's so slight, but no dampness at all would be even better!

Thanks

My avatar
SLB
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Using wool at night

Postby SLB » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 pm

I'm interested in replies in this too. Our first wool night last night. Success but like you, slight dampness. I have put another booster in his nappy tonight to see if that helps???

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:58 pm

I would probably say it's compression wicking at a guess, but it wouldn't hurt to lanolise a few more times. you generally need to lanolise more at night. :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:59 pm

How old is your lo? Could be that nappy needs boosting or woolies need a couple more dips in lanolin or if they are really little then it could be compression wicking if they aren't moving much x

My avatar
TheWaterHorse
Clothie
Clothie

Postby TheWaterHorse » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks everyone.

She's 9 months old but doesn't really move around. It is only where she lies so probably compression wicking but I will lanolise a couple more times to see if that helps and I will add another booster, though she generally has two or three boosters and I was hoping to reduce the bulk of her nappies by using wool.

I am impressed with wool though. Her nappies used to be sodden in the morning whereas now the front is almost dry - just the back that is wet now. I will keep the boosters to the back.

Return to Night Nappies