hf1

Night nappies for a newbie!

My avatar
livvybee
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Night nappies for a newbie!

Postby livvybee » Tue May 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi I'm looking for recommendations for night nappies - i'm currently awaiting my stash through the post of wonderoo v2's and a couple of weenotion one size pockets. Was planning on the wonderoos for night with extra boosters but after reading posts on here not sure if these will be sufficient :-? so any opinions/ recommendations would be more than welcome!!
she's coming up four months and not an especially heavy wetter, cheers, kim xxx

My avatar
belsizekids
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Night nappies for a newbie!

Postby belsizekids » Wed May 11, 2011 6:41 am

Wonderoos might be fine if she's not a heavy wetter but I do find a two part nappy is usually the best at night time. I tend to use a bumble or a good bamboo nappy like the Bamboozle stretch with an airflow wrap. We're yet to have a leak at night with this combo!

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:41 am

Hi, I use Bamboozle stretch with a motherease wrap too and never have a problem. If ds has an especially early night (when we miss afternoon nap window grrr) I boost with an EP hemp booster and he can easily go for 12 hours. I also have home made thick fleece boosters to keep his little bottom dry!!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed May 11, 2011 8:55 am

Lots of people get on quite well with the bamboozle stretch. Your baby is quite young. Is she still feeding in the night?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed May 11, 2011 9:23 am

I used stretchies to about 6 months then he started wetting more heavily at night and switched to exclusively dedicated night nappies.
If shes over around 15lb I would go for a WNNN (NL I also used bwteen 0 and 6 months at night) they are non expensive but offer plenty of absorbency for a light and medium wetter and there is plenty of room in them for extra boosting if she turned out to be a heavier wetter later on, I still use the same WNNN I was using on mine from 3 months old (now 15 months) just with some extra boosting and hes still got plenty of room left to grow in it.
Id not bother with the more expensive NN unless you have too ;)

Return to Night Nappies