hf1

Night nappy for a 16month old.?

My avatar
Dandelion
Clothie
Clothie

Night nappy for a 16month old.?

Postby Dandelion » Mon May 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Okay, so two weeks since switching to cloth and we are doing really well. I've still been using a disposable at night though and want to change that for cloth too. Not entirely sure where to start though! Have read wool is a good night wrap? Not sure what size he'd be though..
I don't think he's an especially heavy wetter, but he does have a beaker of milk at bedtime.
The motherease onesize + pul wrap didn't last the night so need ideas...

Thanks in advance!

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Night nappy for a 16month old.?

Postby anothersquish » Mon May 23, 2011 8:14 pm

My top two recommendations for a "normal" wetter (if a disposable manages these will!) are WeeNotions Night Notions and a Holdens Landing Bedbug.
Wool is an excellent night nappy cover, there are basic instructions on wool care on this forum to get you started. As for size you will need to measure over whatever nappy you wish it to fit and you need Hip, Rise and inseam (if you want longies, otherwise its not that important) I believe there are also instructions for taking these measurements on here, generally for a 16 month old you are looking at a large hip with an 18-19" rise (night nappy) and a 8-10 inch inseam....ish! Id say if you went for a soaker or shorties with a 20" hip and a 19" rise you would be absolutely fine.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon May 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Here is a link to a thread on how to measure for wool
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58730

Just dive in and choose some off classifieds. My favs are Luscious Little Somethings and Puddlekins/Little Gumnut. Weenotion night nappies and Holden's Landing Bedbugs are popular choices for babies who are huge wetters.

Did you boost the motherease at all? It would definately need extra boosting to work at night. Wool is by far the better option over pul though. Fleece works better than pul too.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Mon May 23, 2011 8:19 pm

We use HL Bedbugs on our 17 month old not particularly heavy wetter, as well as Hollow Oak NN and Baby Bufters. Highly recommend the Bedbugs, we got ours from Classifieds. We just use regular PUL wraps, or fleece soakers (never got my head around wool and lanolising :giggle: ).

My avatar
Dandelion
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Dandelion » Mon May 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Great thank you :-)

No.. I didn't boost the motherease :oops:
I've got some Itti Bitti SIOs and a WN coming from classifieds, plus some cheapies from tinynippers.co.uk - will have to see if I can afford a night nappy too :giggle: But have saved the cost of two packs of disposables in only two weeks so not all bad!

Return to Night Nappies