hf1

Thinking of giving up :(

My avatar
angelicfruitcake
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Thinking of giving up :(

Postby angelicfruitcake » Mon May 30, 2011 8:23 pm

I've been using cloth since my LO was 6 months old. He's always been a very heavy wetter at night, and used to regularly outpee sposies even at 4-6 months. I've been using Wild Child, Little Gumnut and Baby Beehinds NNs for a few months, all with a fair bit of extra bamboo and/or zorb boosting. We haven't had any leaks but obviously it's reeeally bulky, and despite using fleece and minkee liners, his skin always feels pretty icky in the morning, and sometimes they can feel a bit pinchy on his legs.

Anyway, last night I borrowed a sposie from a friend, in size 5. My LO is just under 20lb and these are supposed to be for 24lb+ but I think his legs are chubby enough that they fit ok :giggle:
This morning we had no leaks, and I was able to leave him in the nappy for about 30mins after waking...I usually change him straight away, but it was quite nice being able to leave him until after his morning poo! His skin was only slightly damp, and he actually slept pretty well for him...he's usually rather wakeful.

I always assumed his heavy wetting at night was down to the 2-4 hourly night feeds, but he only has one small night feed now and still wees loads :( Basically what I wanted to know was whether babies of his kind of age tend to start weeing more or less as they get older? I'm seriously considering giving up cloth at night if sposies can work better for us, but also wondering if once he grows into the size 5 they'll start leaking again :-?

Sorry for the essay :lookround:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: Thinking of giving up :(

Postby littlesez » Mon May 30, 2011 10:11 pm

I always had probs with izzy overnight :roll: What worked for us better than ANY night nappy inc heavy/super heavy wetter ones was a HUGE pocket stuffed with about 5 inserts :wink:

She had phases of outpeeing evertything especially as she was learning bladder control and holding her wees in then flooding nappies :evil: I started her with potty about 17 months and that seemed to help :wink:

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:35 pm

DD is 17 months and was always a medium wetter until she got to 13 months old then she started outweeing everything including sposies, wnnn, lls, bedbugs, bambooty nights (and other night nappies) not sure why her night weeing increased so much as she does not have night feeds.

At the moment the only thing (which i discovered by accident) that works for us at night is an easfit v2 with an extra issy bear night insert, quite heavy in the morning but no leaks, quite trim and defo not as stinky as night fitteds. (i forgot iish fly night nappies are also leak free for us but we only have 2 as they're quite expensive.)

I do think tho if DD didn't outwee sposies i would probably use them at night :oops: and if they work for you you should'nt feel guilty after its only one a day and you have already saved hundreds of nappies from landfill x

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Tue May 31, 2011 6:02 am

ryan will be 2 soon and he's always out wee nn at night but he's a heavey wetter but he now floods all nappy all the time so i'm thinking of potty training him soon as i'm getting lots of wet clothes and bed at night as he out wees a spoise as well at night at the moment :roll:

you need to do what is best for you so if using sposie is what is best them don't worry about it

My avatar
angelicfruitcake
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby angelicfruitcake » Tue May 31, 2011 10:02 am

Thanks ladies...hmmm, yeah I had heard of toddlers holding wee and then flooding everything, so doesn't look too good for the future :( Thinking I may sell most of my night stash and woolies, and just keep back one or two so I can try them at some point if I think things have improved.

Tried it again last night and he only woke once...might be pure coincidence but I'm willing to try anything that helps me get a good night's sleep...plus I could use the money for my babywearing addiction! :lol:

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue May 31, 2011 10:06 am

WNNN was the only thing Esmé didn't outwee but when she was teething her wee was so toxic that she got awful rash on her thighs where the outer of the nappy touched them. So we swaped to a flip with a stay dry and organic insert and that works really well. This did conincide with her holding her wee now and she will do a monster wee in her first nappy of the day. If we ever put her in a WNNN now it's surprisingly only damp and not sopping like it used to be.

Do what you need to for a good nights sleep!

My avatar
angelicfruitcake
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby angelicfruitcake » Tue May 31, 2011 10:08 am

I've not tried Flips before but WNNN didn't work for us...I had to boost them so much that it really affected the fit :( Shame as they're lovely and do seem very absorbent, think my boy is just a freak of nature! :lol:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue May 31, 2011 12:14 pm

I'm in the same position as you. The only nappies that work well for us are the superwetter wool ones from Puddlekins (the ones she made before the all hours) I think they absorb 900ml+ & I add booster to that. The last few weeks though, these only go to 3 or 4am & then she wakes to be changed. She has been sleeping through the night since 12 months but her wetting just keeps getting heavier & heavier. She can also outpee most disposables. The only ones that seem to hold enough to last until morning are Lidl nappies. I'm going to try potty training next week.

My avatar
angelicfruitcake
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby angelicfruitcake » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:13 am

How annoying :( I really wanted to try the wool ones...though if I'm honest the smell was starting to get to me as well, as LO is in my bed from about 4am usually...by that time he'd stink! :lol:
Will have to try the Lidls ones...good luck with the potty training!

Next

Return to Night Nappies