hf1

Will I need boosters with a stretchy?

My avatar
osiansmami
Clothie
Clothie

Will I need boosters with a stretchy?

Postby osiansmami » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:46 am

We have been using eco dispoables at night for the past few months as ds was waking up soaking in the morning - not that he seemed bothered by this? However, decided to brave it and try cloth again at night so I have bought a few tots bots bamboozle strechies to try. Husband put me on a tight budget so I'm hoping to use a flip cover that we already have as a wrap, has anyone tried this combo?

I'm wondering whether or not the bamboozle will need a booster as well? The thing is I don't want his bum to be huge as I don't think he feels comfortable. I used to stuff a BG with a few BG inserts and a bamboo booster and although he was dry he fretted a lot more during the night.

He is 14 months,I don't think that he is a particularly heavy wetter but he does go 12 hours more or less.

Thanks

My avatar
osiansmami
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Will I need boosters with a stretchy?

Postby osiansmami » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 am

Oh and also, he normally wakes up in the morning because he has done a poo, he's like clockwork, can anyone suggest a liner that I can put in at night that will 'deal with this' but keep him feeling dry, obv not a paper liner?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:01 am

I have found the tots bots tretchy really absorbant. For my heavy-night wetter I used to put a few little lamb bamboo boosters inside (or outside between nappy & wrap as he got bigger IYKWIM) - they are very thin double layer bamboo boosters, but very absorbant - and would give you a few more hours per booster!
As long as the flip wrap fits nice and snug around his waist & thighs over the nappy - then it'll work fine as an over night wrap.
I'd use a fleece liner over night - stays in place well, and keep him dry esp over the whole night.
You can buy them - or make your own to fit the exact size of the nappy by just cutting up a cheap fleece blanket. (you'd get more for your money that way & the exact size/shape you wanted)
Hope that helps
Good luck!
x

My avatar
osiansmami
Clothie
Clothie

Postby osiansmami » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:05 am

Thanks for your reply. This is probably going to sound a ludicrous question but what do you do with fleece liners once they have poo on them? Wash them or chuck them? Because surely chucking them is wasteful but if they have poo on them that is stuck it defeats the purpose of having a liner?

I've used cloth for 14 months and still not understood the whole liner thing, lol, so I just don't use them :oops:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:15 am

Shake the poop off into the toilet & then wash them. You might need to hold the liner into the flush to get off a less solid poop. Don't feel like it has to be 100% off either a few small bits here & there the washing machine can handle but big bits will stay around the rubber in the door of your machine.

Fleece acts as a waterproof barrier between the wet nappy & baby's bottom. The right side of the fleece or the front of the fleece (if you understand what I mean) is the waterproof bit so that needs to be face down on the nappy with the wrong side or back closest to baby's skin.

My avatar
osiansmami
Clothie
Clothie

Postby osiansmami » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:31 am

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl then x

Return to Night Nappies