hf1

Toddler, mum braving night nappies for the first time HELP

My avatar
sineadrankin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Toddler, mum braving night nappies for the first time HELP

Postby sineadrankin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Hiya, as the title says I am a newbie to cloth, with dd1 I avoided it and went to disposables as I didn't know much about it and was so nervous! This time round I'm taking the bull by the horns so to speak and have researched everything.

Baby no.2 has a full stash of fitted, pockets, btps, etc.

DD1, is 2.8 and potty trained for about two months, she is however wet at night, and I am near to my last 3 or 4 of nappies for night time use. She uses the pull up pants and they have never leaked and is getting dry on some nights.

I have been thinking that it may not be too late to swap to reusables now for her at night. So I sized her up today and the btps i have will fit her. I also have extra inserts etc.

I have 5 nappies in one size, so was wondering what your advice would be on the best one.

lollipop one size
a spongebob pocket nappy, bought preloved, unsure of make but it comes with 2bamboo inserts and is really thick.
nature babies pocket one size
Another one which I think is motherease but its faded so can't read the label per loved.

I'm trying to do this without buying preloved/new ones as I don't think she'll be wet for long.

Any suggestions from what I've got?

(Posted this in the wrong section, sorry) reposted here

My avatar
LizJM
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Toddler, mum braving night nappies for the first time HELP

Postby LizJM » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Can't advise on the nappy types, but I recently switched my almost 3 year old to overnight cloth. I use a bumgenius or flip with no boosters, and no issues. I suspect that he is dry most nights and all I am catching is the odd leak before he gets to the potty in the morning.

If your LO is similar then I would just try 'and old thing' and see what happens.

Actually DS now refuses to wear a disposable pull up as he says they itch compared to his cloth nappies . I just used stuff from DDs stash as well, but now DS wants some print ones 'just for him'.

Return to Night Nappies