hf1

Baby Beehinds night help please

My avatar
katebeer
Clothie
Clothie

Baby Beehinds night help please

Postby katebeer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:50 am

I have only been using cloth a few months but only a few weeks at night. I was recommended Baby Beehinds which worked at the beginning but now finding my nearly 10 month old very wet. I use both boosters and a terry booster outside underneath a ME Airflow wrap. Sometimes I also use another Beehinds booster underneath the terry. When her nappy comes off in the morning the whole thing including all the tabs is soaking. It hasn't leaked out yet but not sure if it's meant to be this wet!

Any help or advice would be great

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Baby Beehinds night help please

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:17 pm

I would say provided it isn't leaking then soggy is fine - afterall fitted nappies are meant to feel wet :)

You might want to try wool instead of a PUL wrap this usually makes for a less soggy nappy in the morning.

Are they drinking more?

My avatar
katebeer
Clothie
Clothie

Postby katebeer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:35 pm

No not particularly. She has a couple of beakers a day but no more than she was. As long as soggy is fine then that suits me! Though I do find thema fiddly fit. Have to really tug at them and they're quite low in the rise. Thought I might try a bumhugger or Nightnotions as well

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:49 pm

If your thinking of a bumhugger, then the following link can show you to some cheap ones.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8278
I like our nightnotions, but Kayleigh is in the large (side snap) and although they are high at the back, they are getting low in the rise at the front. I think we are almost at the stage of questioning if we need an extra large rise night notions.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:01 pm

I discovered that they seemed low rise but it was the inserts making it hard to pull the rise through properly if that makes sense? I started unpoppering the front booster once I'd put it on, before I pulled it up to then do up if that makes any sort of sense at all? :?

Rae we've had this with nightnotions too - But the large minki and our Jimmy Riddles and puddlepants weedies are all fine in the rise... I think Ali was talking to Suzanne about getting some longer rise ones but decided to night train instead! :mrgreen: Suzanne's not been around on here for a while tho' she must be a bit snowed under!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:43 pm

yep - what Steph said - I initially found the Beehinds small but found because one of the inserts poppers at the front, you have to stretch out the elastic and pull the insert forward before trying to put it on iyswim.

My avatar
katebeer
Clothie
Clothie

Postby katebeer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:18 pm

Oh bummer, they'v eonly got size 1 bumhuggers left. Should have got there sooner!

Return to Night Nappies