hf1

New to night nappies!

My avatar
xjennerx
Clothie
Clothie

New to night nappies!

Postby xjennerx » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:07 am

So Ive just got a weenotions night notion! But what wrap would you reccommebd? Finley is 13 months fairly chunky and weighs 24 pounds! X

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: New to night nappies!

Postby doobykat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:14 am

Assuming you've got a large size for your little chunk :wink: if you're looking at PUL wraps, a large Mother Ease Airflow fits these nappies with room to spare and allows for some air circulation, which can help with the general stinkiness/wetness of a night nappy.
We used to use these all the time... however, I've since been converted to wool and find this even better for night time use than the ME Airflow wraps :thumbsup:

My avatar
xjennerx
Clothie
Clothie

Postby xjennerx » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:16 am

Lovely qe used to use motherease so think I'll bit one of these :) and yep we got large got one from here to try :) so hoping it works qe can't get anything to work over night properly! X

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:54 am

You could use wool or fleece too, size L or XL depending on is measurements :D

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Gladys » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:19 am

My boy is about the same size and same age, I tried a few wraps but the best by far are fleece or wool and I would go for XL size if I were you. Also you don't then need to bother with pj bottoms! :wink:

My avatar
xjennerx
Clothie
Clothie

Postby xjennerx » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:20 am

I've never used wool and generally would know where start?

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:31 am

xjennerx wrote:I've never used wool and generally would know where start?

:giggle: Sounds like me... classifieds are always a good place, it's where I bought my first lot of woolies from.

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Gladys » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:36 am

I actually mostly use fleece as it's like a 'lazy wool'- you don't have to soak it in a lanolin solution. You just put it over the nappy and wash it in the morning on a fairly low temperature of 40 degrees. Wool isn't that much more effort, you don't need to wash it after every use, you hang it out to air in the morning. If you go to the following link it explains in more detail about wool. :D
http://www.woollywraps.com/store/WsAncillary.asp?ID=3

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:43 am

I tried fleece too, but found that Erin tended to get pressure wicking with it, as she's flat out on her back ALL night :| (Even with extra booting at the back of the nappy :roll: )
Wool seems able to cope with this much better :thumbsup:
Erin is a pretty heavy wetter though, so this probably didn't help on the fleece front either.

Next

Return to Night Nappies