hf1

Nighttime ideas for a littlie?

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Nighttime ideas for a littlie?

Postby justme123 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:08 pm

I have been putting Isabel to bed in a size 1 bamboozle with wool, but am thinking I really need something more absorbent. She generally poos at some point during the night, so I change her once during the night and then in the morning, and both times the nappy is absolutely dripping wet and wicking through the wool.

So should I be boosting the totsbots (she already has a bit of a weeble bottom in this) or looking for a proper night nappy do you think? I wasn't really expecting to have absorbency problems quite so soon, but I guess she is feeding every 2 hours for most of the night, so I shouldn't really be surprised :roll:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Nighttime ideas for a littlie?

Postby Louise » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:32 pm

I have never used dedicated night nappies on a tiny baby but that's because most of mine poo at almost every feed so I need to change several times during the night anyway. I have however got some Puddlekins All Hours and bedbugs that I am planning on using though if this little lady is different (well not at first as she will be too teeny for them :lol: ) . It does sound like you may need to try a more absorbent nappy.

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:36 pm

I have found a bum genius reliable the last few nights. Also my oww and d and fs,have been good with wool.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks! I have found some "small" minki huggles in my stash that I have put her in tonight - that is one huge bum! I don't really have any small size fancy fitteds or pockets - need to get selling to fund some more purchases I think!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:49 pm

I have been pondering the same...well Darcie isnt that tiny anymore but i currently use sposies at night and have been wondering about moving into cloth...night nappies were such a nightmare with kieren than im scared :-?

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:16 pm

I have never used a disposable at night and have always used tots bots fluffles stuffed. I would have loved propere nn but could not really afford them when ours were working so well. Oscar used to have a huge bum when he went to bed :giggle:

For months, luckily, he has not wet his nappy at night so not so big anymore.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Aww I love Fluffles! Such a big fluffy bum :giggle:

Jake has been in WNNN and wool at night for a while now, he doesn't usually poo in the night so it's ok. It usually lasts all night (i don't change him when he feeds unless he has pooed) although is pretty wet by morning. Bamboozles are soaked after a couple of hours in the day so no chance they would last us overnight. Sounds like you need to try something a bit more absorbent. I used to get on quite well with Minki pockets overnight with Lilly x

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:06 am

I always changed Esmé at every feed until she went down to one feed in the night (still changed her at the dream feed), otherwise she'd have a couple of sucks and fall back to sleep and be awake again an hour later. Once we stopped changing her we over stuffed a BGv3 and then we we stopped changing her at her dream feed we used a night notion but she was about 4 months old then.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:48 am

When she wakes up it's like "give me food NOW before I die" :hohoho: so trying to change her is quite traumatic and wakes up the whole house, so I try not to unless she's dirty.

I'm thinking actually the wool might be part of the problem, it's only been lanolised once and as she doesn't move much it is wicking even when the nappy isn't soaking. So I will have a big lanolising session today.

Then I have got out my medium stash and actually some of it might fit OK now (well at least as well as the huggle :giggle:) so I will start experimenting :-)

Next

Return to Night Nappies