hf1

Nighttime ideas for a littlie?

My avatar
Loveinthenest
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Nighttime ideas for a littlie?

Postby Loveinthenest » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Hiya. We switched to cloth just over 2 months ago and have never used a proper night time nappy on either baby. In fact at the moment we always use ebay cheapies at night. DS is 19 months & we put a charcoal bamboo booster in with 2 normal bamboo and he will sleep 6pm-7am and wake up dry. DD is 5 months and she has a MF insert with 1 bamboo folded in half (and pushed to the front as she is a tummy sleeper) she will sleep 14 hours and wake up dry.
Maybe my babies aren't heavy wetters at night but thats been fine for us so far.
*just remembered, we use minkee rather than cotton as we found cotton wick a bit x

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:18 pm

i use a day nappy from bedtime until dreamfeed. then i change at dream feed - i have one small bedbug (the only new nappy she has) or a jimmy riddles. usually she has one feed through the night. but sometimes more. i have tried my day nappies at night and they don't cope. i'm using pul wraps at the moment, but might switch to wool when she gets to the bigger sizes.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:50 pm

ds2 is 4 months now and I have either been using a puddlekins/little gumnut all hours, (but without the zorb as I found the nappy too absorbant/bulky for us otherwise), or a bamboozle with a little lamb bamboo booster on the outside or a little beetle hemp with LL booster on outside or ellas house hemp again LLbooster on outside. Always with interlock wool wrap on outside. Had no sopping nappies or wicking issues. I don't change in the night.

Having said all this the other night though he fell asleep in his pre bedtime nappy - a cotton motherease sandy at 6pm & he woke at 2.30am, I was expecting it to be sopping but it wasn't but was wet so I changed and the next nappy was bone dry at 7am when he pottied. (I am part time ec'ing but not at night, first potty offer after bedtime is usually 6-7am)

Previous

Return to Night Nappies