hf1

Are any of these nappies ok for night use?

My avatar
claireb
Clothie
Clothie

Are any of these nappies ok for night use?

Postby claireb » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:46 pm

Thomas is nearly 11 weeks and weighing 11lb 7. I mainly have BG V3 nappies , but also have a motherease one size bamboo and a blueberry one size minky. Does anyone have experience of using any of these at night on a similar aged baby and could tell me how they got on please? Still putting him in a disposable at night and change him once during the night after 6-8 hours of wearing it, when he wakes up for a feed.
If you did use the BG, did you need both the inserts or just the one? Don't know why I am feeling so scared, should just go for it I guess!

Thanks!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Are any of these nappies ok for night use?

Postby Annette » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:50 pm

I used Motherease onesize on Charlotte around the same age but you might find you need to add a booster or two to get them to comfortably last 6-8 hours. I have never used pockets at night but I know some people do. I would say add the extra booster and see how you go, you won't know until you try :wink:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Just go with trial and error and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised - I would probably go with the MEOS with 2 snap in boosters or 1 snap in and another booster like an easypeasy hemp.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:08 pm

Back in the days where I only had MEOS and squares, I used them at night with a few extra boosters and an airflow wrap with no leaks.

Give it a try!

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:38 am

I'd say go wit the MEOS aswell, i would'nt trust the pockets you have over night really but if you did want to get a pocket nappy for nights then a slinki minki would be a very safe bet. :D

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Cherylw » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:23 am

Charlotte is 6 weeks old now, and appears to be a fairly heavy wetter (during the day anyhow!), but I have had her in bum genius since she was 1 week old, i use the newborn insert and a bamboo booster during the day, and at night i use just the thick bum genius insert.

I have had no leaks what so ever - and Charlotte pretty much sleeps through the night, I wake her to change her nappy at midnight, and she doesn't then wake til 7am - and they manage that no problem.

I'm sure that as she gets older i'll need to use bamboo or hemp boosters at night as well, but for now - there are definitely no problems with just the thick BG insert.

Hope that helps,
Cheryl

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:08 pm

I have used nappies at night since sam was 3 weeks old. i still change him once in the night. For the longest period -upto 8 hrs i use a well stuffed slinki minki for the five hour period i use my blueberry onesize but an extra cloth in with the insert. we have never had leak with either, i also have one weenotions night notions which works well.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:42 pm

Up until Kayleigh was 6 months, we used a little lamb with 2 of the cotton boosters for night time. We then moved onto a V2 BG with the microfibre insert, and an easy peasy hemp booster until she was about a year old. So have a play around with the boosting with what you have, and see if that does you the night.

My avatar
claireb
Clothie
Clothie

Postby claireb » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:32 pm

Thanks for your help!

Return to Night Nappies