hf1

Confussed! Help needed

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Confussed! Help needed

Postby teganplus2 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:33 pm

So cloth is working well for me and my three tiny's in the day and am wanting to make the leap to full time cloth so........can I use day nappies for night time with an extra liner or do I have to buy night time nappies (not a problem gives me an excuse to buy more fluff, and more special fluff holding baskets to keep in the bedroom :hohoho: ) and if so what can I get for them that won't cost the earth?? I figured I'd need 12 to start with which gives me a 2 day rotation cycle for washing and drying (I know the more absorbant the longer theyt take to dry) None of my tiny's get changed through the night, none of them poo but all wee a fair bit

HELP!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Confussed! Help needed

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:38 pm

What nappies do you use during the day and how often do you change them? Only people with light to moderate wetters would probably get away with boosting day nappies to last all night. I personally have always had to use a dedicated night nappy with wool or fleece over the top. Night nappies aren't cheap so your best bet is to get some from the classifieds to try out first.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Up untill about 7 /8 months we used day nappies at night on Pearl as I didn't know about night nappies.
Pearl then started to roll on her tummy and we had leaks so we got some fitted night nappies and wool covers.
Since then we have never had any leaks and Pearl sleeps from 7.30-7.30 sometimes even as late as 9am. Have a look on the classified and put a wanted post up. There have been some fab night nappies up recently so you may be able to find a bargain.
If your any of your LO's are light wetter you may be able to get away with a heavy wetter day nappy at night.
I recommend weenotions, littlegumnuts/puddlekins and luscious little somethings night nappies. Can help you have a look if you need. :wine: :wine:

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:25 pm

thanks ladies.

I currently use pockets. They go three to three & a half hours in the day between changes and are always wet but never saturated, my biggest one hasn't been changed overnight since she was tiny and I stopped changing my tiny's when they started sleeping through (at about 12 weeks).

My biggest tiny is a tummy sleeper.

I have been scouring the classifieds since we decided to go full time cloth and even posted a wanted add for NN but to no avail. Time is quite limited so I will take any help offered in finding some

:hug:

x x x x

oh and wool terrifies me :giggle:

My avatar
Debbie81
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Debbie81 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:35 pm

my bubba is 5 months now and not a very heavy wetter and i have found a tots bots bamboozle stretchy, sz 2 with its own booster is bomb proof at night if you use a good wrap. it could be a good stop-gap for your little ones while you find a more permanent solution...? i'm aware that it may not be suitable for us forever but i am sure i could boost it further (maybe with a slim hemp..) and get a good few more months out of that combo. i think having a good wrap and fleece liner is key. my bubba sleeps for 14 hours a night!! i use PUL wraps even at night but some mammas would say that for an ultra reliable solution, fleece or wool (which scares the bejesus out of me too!!) might be better.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:44 pm

I have actually tried one of those on my biggest tiny 21 months and it did do the job really well, she is the heaviest wetter of the three, it just takes ages to dry in between and I need a decent wrap with it!

My avatar
Debbie81
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Debbie81 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:01 pm

teganplus2 wrote:I have actually tried one of those on my biggest tiny 21 months and it did do the job really well, she is the heaviest wetter of the three, it just takes ages to dry in between and I need a decent wrap with it!

i hear ya about the drying time!! we have 4 which i find works for my washing/drying rotation but you'll have much more washing to do than me i imagine!!

i use motherease rikki wraps (amongst others) and have found them to be far and away the best. they have never wicked, ever. so they're my ONLY choice for night times. i haven't experimented with fleece or wool though, so maybe that would give an even better result...

there are tons of ME and bamboozles on classifieds so you could experiment away... :coffee:

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:14 pm

I can never find any night nappies on classifieds (and if I do they seem super expensive!) I've even done a wanted add!!

xx

My avatar
Debbie81
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Debbie81 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:24 pm

bamboozle isn't even a night nappy, just a really good one!! :D i'll see if i can find you a thread, and tots bots stuff tends to come up on ebay fairly regularly so you might even get a bargain....

Next

Return to Night Nappies