hf1

Are NN comfortable?

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Are NN comfortable?

Postby gemma_louise » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:48 pm

I am thinking of trying out night nappies but am not 100% convinced.

Just wanted opinions- honestly from a non cloth loving unbiased point of view are cloth nappies less comfortable than disposables at night?

My concerns are that they will be too bulky & will make him sore from being wet all night. He also always poos in the night. :roll: Shall I do it? Comfort is my number 1 priority.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Are NN comfortable?

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:58 pm

If you are worried about wetness, then you can use a fleece liner which acts as a stay dry layer and keeps their bums nice and dry :) Also if he poos then you will obviously need to change him, so you might get away with boosted day nappies until he stops pooping overnight :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Isabelle (now 5) was initially in disposables full time and then I switched to cloth at night and I thought there's no way this can be comfy it's HUUUUUUGE on her!!!
I think the bulk initially unsettled her as she was a back sleeper but after that she slept fine...

Grace (now 2) was in cloth from birth 24hr and has never been bothered by her night nappies - she sleeps anywhichway :lol:

Most night nappies are fleece lined which helps keep the wetness away from skin - if he poos you need to change straight away as regardless of cloth or paper that when combined with wee will make him sore...

Nothing comfier than nice squishy cloth ;)

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:07 pm

Sorry- should have said- my son is 10 months and sleeps through 12 hours at night. I think his pooping hour is around 5am but he doesn't wake up so I never change him in the night just in the morning when he gets up.

My avatar
gemma_louise
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gemma_louise » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:09 pm

P.s thanks for the replies, I'm going to give them a go... Now to find some preloved!

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:11 pm

I didn't start using cloth on ds until he was 18 months and night cloth a bit later than that. He has slept no differently from the off so I don't think it made any difference for him at all :wink:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:33 pm

I can't comment on dispos as I've never used them, but Rufus has been in a NN for 12 hours since he was about 4 months old, he's now 18 months and he sleeps fine in them. He seems to get on better with staydry lined over night, so fleece or minkee ... although wool interlock lined is also fab if you can find it!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 pm

My dd is a huge huge wetter so her night nappies are very bulky. We don't have enough night nappies to do full time night cloth so I swap between disposables & cloth & it doesn't bother her in the slightest

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 pm

I would say that you really really need to change him when he has pooped more so in cloth as the amonia mixed with the poop will make him very very sore. Also be prepared for the nappy to honk to high heaven in the morning. With the amount of wee they hold, they get a bad amonia smell by morning. I would much rather sleep in a nice squishy cloth nappy than a rustley paper chemical sposie tho :lol:

Next

Return to Night Nappies