hf1

Gonna give NNs a try!

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Gonna give NNs a try!

Postby Mungo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:29 pm

DS has been in sposies at night, but lately I've been ECing him at night and his nappy if often completely dry or only slightly damp in the morning. So I'm thinking it's the perfect time to try cloth at night... Got some wool, will have a preloved WNNN on its way to me soon...

Need a bit of advice though. At the moment he goes through two nappies a night - I put him into a sposie after his bath at around 7/7.30pm, then when he wakes up in the middle of the night, usually some time between 1 and 3am, he wees in his potty and I put a clean sposie on him as the first one has normally been weed in (it's the second one that's often dry iyswim). Not sure about leaving the same NN on him for the whole time, as I know he does wee in the time between getting ready for bed and actually falling asleep and I don't like the thought of putting a wet nappy back on him. So should I use two night nappies? Or a boosted day nappy for the first part of the night and then a night nappy? thoughts?

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Gonna give NNs a try!

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:27 pm

we haven't had this issue - as by the time we put dd into night nappies she was pretty much sleeping through. That said, if she wakes up in th night, unless she is obviously soaked (or pooey!), we don't change her.
But if you are actually taking the nappy off... then maybe used a boosted day nappy 1st, then your night nappy?
Im sure others will be along to give better advice than me!!! :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
Connie_334
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Connie_334 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:27 pm

I think I would put the NN on at bedtime and then a day nappy for the second part of the night as you wouldn't need as much absorbency if the second nappy is usually dry.

Could you get him up when you go to bed to do the wee in the potty and change nappy and then you wouldn't have to change in the small hours ( sorry I like my sleep!!)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Davina is our EC expert. Don't know if she put her babies on the potty in the night though. Might be worth asking her.

If you plan on continuing to change the nappy in the middle of the night, I don't think I would bother with a night nappy. A boosted day nappy used with wool will last half the night.

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:21 am

Well last night DS wouldn't go on the potty... Woke up this morning soaked (in a sposie) and a big wet patch on the bed! Guess I'll be getting proper night nappies then.

Return to Night Nappies