hf1

Best night time nappy for newborn? advice needed!

My avatar
Siddy+bump
Clothie
Clothie

Best night time nappy for newborn? advice needed!

Postby Siddy+bump » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:03 pm

I have a 17 month old son who i switched to cloth at 15 months and has got on fine with them during the day. He has sposies at night as i think he was just a little too old to make the transition and used to fret all night in cloth. Im due another bubs in January and i want him to be in cloth full time if poss from birth (well from after his belly button falls off anyway).
What do you suggest for night on a tiny bubba? I was thinking of either BG newborn AIO's or itti bitti tuttos? i know il probably be changing him a couple of times a night anyway but not sure if either of these would be good for night time? im really not keen on nappys and wraps so would prefer SIO's, AIO's or pockets if poss?
any advice would be welcome thanks!! x

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Best night time nappy for newborn? advice needed!

Postby anothersquish » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:08 pm

In all honesty the very BEST thing for newborns day or night are fitteds/flats/prefolds with wool/fleece/PUL cover. The only AI2/AIO style I used overnight were Pop-Ins and that was til he was about ten days old and I got hold of a small HL bedbug and it was a revelation!
The BG AIOs wont last very long at all, they are lovely newborn nappies but can be outpeed quickly and the Tuttos would be very bulky on a NB (I love Tuttos but think that you would find them a struggle with fit on a brand new baby)
I would highly recommend some WNNL with wool or if that scares you fleece or the WN PUL wraps as a newborn night time combo that is inexpensive and works (plus are also very good for daytime) The small WNNL also have a snap down and can happily be used whilst cord is still attached.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:19 pm

I would definately go for a fitted at night like the pp advised. Little Lamb bamboo, tots bots bamboozles are a little Gumnut all hours.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:28 pm

I agree with the PPs. You wont need a dedicated night nappy on a newborn as they are changed so often in the night anyway, I preferred fitteds over anything else when my son was teeny. I used a combo of terry squares, Little Lambs, old style Bamboozles, Bimbles, Motherease Sandys and Diddy Diapers. I also had a few Teenyfits which I really liked although I did have to boost them (with a size 1 Little Lamb bamboo booster) to make them last. Wool and fleeceare my fave but I do like Weenotions PUL wraps. When he was a newborn I also liked Motherease Rikki and Airflow wraps.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:15 pm

I also agree about fitteds - and I started off like you thinking I would use pockets or AIO and was put off by fitteds/wraps, but after using both I quickly became a 2-part convert and rarely used pockets after DD was 6 months.

I used to use Nature Babies bamboo loveables at night with a WN wrap over. DD used to feed twice a night normally, but although the nappy would be wet it never leaked. they are slim and fairly cheap too, we went straight to the size 2s and just folded them down but they do a size 1 option too.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:27 pm

There is no way I could get a pocket or AIO/SIO to last on my DD. We get major leg gape with Ittis and therefore they just leak straight out of the sides. I am still experimenting with pocket stuffing to get them to last us longer than 1.5-2 hours. We use Little Gumnut All Hours and boosted XS Dunk n Fluff fitteds with wool over the top. They currently last us 5/6 hours (I change once during the night usually).

My avatar
Lover
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Lover » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:57 pm

We've used Tots Bots Bamboozle Stretch for nights since Leo was 2 weeks old. We found Cotton Bottoms & Motherease Rikki wraps to be the most reliable wraps with them too :)

During the day we used a mixture of TB Teenyfits and BG XS/Newborn.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:08 pm

I use a small Dunk&Fluff or LLS fitted nappy, or if both those are in the wash a size 1 boosted totsbots unbleached cotton. All with wool over, or sometimes a Minki PUL wrap. This will do her up to about 8 hours, sometimes longer, with 2 night feeds.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:11 pm

P.S. I have also used a small Minki pocket, which did last the night if stuffed enough, but was HUGE!!

Next

Return to Night Nappies